Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!  (Read 103996 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!
« Reply #405 on: November 07, 2012, 09:41:16 PM »

Has he missed a diagnosis?  Maybe with age-related gum recession it allowed bacteria in - but maybe it wouldn't have done so ........ so rather than do un-necessary work?  This is something you need to talk with your Dentist about, to get this clear in your mind.  Why wouldn't your Private Dentist take out the tooth ..........  :-\ dentistry is dentistry - I go to an NHS Practice and some things I pay extra for, i.e. my implants.  Clean and polish and yearly check up I get 'free'. 

pixie

« Reply #406 on: November 08, 2012, 07:28:07 AM »

Its because they try to 'save' the tooth, and yes I think he might've missed a diagnosis, because he should have x-rayed the tooth ages ago. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:03:09 AM by pixie »

CLKD

« Reply #407 on: November 08, 2012, 03:41:14 PM »

Maybe he thought he had done an X-ray?  I think you need to talk this through - sometimes professionals need reminding  ::) certainly I have a few pointers to tell mine, he is 'practising' a delicate technique on me but he needs to extend his explanations.  I must make a list ready to hand him at my next visit  ::)

How's the pain today?

pixie

« Reply #408 on: November 08, 2012, 06:57:46 PM »

Hi CLKD, Yes, you are right, I will talk to him about this once he has done the treatment. Will have to pick my moment. Perhaps dentists get brain fog too!! X

The pain was bad at lunch-time but took a load of painkillers, that I had left from a previous op,  then went to sleep all afternoon! Managed to eat an omelette over on the other side of mouth, just now and taken paracetamol.  :)  Thanks for all your help. What technique are you having done?
Reading all your posts CLKD, you have been through such a lot with your teeth and implants - I feel like a wuss in comparison! Is it sorted now? ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 07:58:42 PM by pixie »

CLKD

« Reply #409 on: November 08, 2012, 10:00:43 PM »

Implants take a long while and at times IT HURTS  :-\ .......... but at least it hasn't been as bad as neuralgia was nor period pains.  I have had bad toothache in the past ..........  :'( ....... so much so that I rattled with all the Nurofen I took at the time.

I take pain relief immediately I get a twinge anywhere, otherwise I end up feeling nauseated and afraid that the pain will never go.  Hopefully you will get your mouth sorted soon!

flushtered

« Reply #410 on: November 08, 2012, 10:11:57 PM »

You both sound so brave with all you've been through.  I would love to have the courage to have implants as I hate my teeth, but am not brave enough and it sounds like it could be expensive, as once you've had some done surely you want them all to look as good?

CLKD

« Reply #411 on: November 08, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »

I am having implants because I have gaps ......... and bone needs soemthing to anchor to and if a tooth is missing, the gums recede.  It is expensive.  But at my age I prefer the thought of 12 months anxiety and procedures rather than facing dentures  ;)

flushtered

« Reply #412 on: November 08, 2012, 10:20:43 PM »

Errr.......Think I'd need to be braver than I am for either and will need to put up with my teeth!  :o

pixie

« Reply #413 on: November 09, 2012, 08:40:47 AM »

Going back to see a different dentist later this morning - in pain again last night, going up to ear. Gone off again this morning. Its nearly 48 hours with the antibiotics, but only got a supply until Sunday, so going to ask to have X-ray of other teeth and get more ab's!  Teeth chattering at thought. :(  :-X 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:50:49 AM by pixie »

CLKD

« Reply #414 on: November 09, 2012, 12:49:53 PM »

:hug:

CLKD

« Reply #415 on: November 09, 2012, 05:25:17 PM »

:o  .........

pixie

« Reply #416 on: November 09, 2012, 07:52:29 PM »

Whoops I just deleted my previous post by mistake and can't remember what I was on about! ;)

flushtered

« Reply #417 on: November 09, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »

;D  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #418 on: November 10, 2012, 10:12:55 AM »

Join The Club  ;D - how's the pain?

pixie

« Reply #419 on: November 10, 2012, 04:26:36 PM »

Its completely gone, I'm relieved to say. The tooth now needs cleaning up and repair. Phew!  :) X
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:32:28 PM by pixie »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30