Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dog HRT -who knew it was a thing?  (Read 15586 times)

sheila99

Re: Dog HRT -who knew it was a thing?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2024, 03:10:01 PM »

It makes you wonder what we do to our pets unintentionally. Several years ago I had one that developed the doggy equivalent of breast cancer and told by the vet if she'd been spayed she wouldn't have got it so maybe you can't win. I actually thought she was, she was a stray we'd had for several years and I hadn't seen any sign of her being on heat.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2024, 04:06:53 PM »

If a bitch is spayed B4 her 1st season she will never develop mammory cancer.  The chances of that increases with every year that she is kept entire.  'Book of the Bitch'.  The reason I didn't get my spaniel spayed is because they get rough coat after, dogs as well as bitches.  They go fluffy  ;D.

Whereas my sister's collie collected followers for weeks who stand outside the house and howl and fight  >:(.  She slipped out one night through a half-open sash window.  Came back with a big smile on her chops  :o

jaypo

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2024, 04:12:17 PM »

Oh well,I've booked her in  :'( :'( :'( week on Thursday,maybe get my OH to take her,so he's the baddy  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2024, 04:53:15 PM »

Starved from breakfast as she's tiny?  That's the hardest part, telling them why they can't have breakfast and The Look ! 

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2024, 06:21:42 PM »

Got me dates wrong,we're away in the rv the next day,silly moo,changed it to the following week,oh yes,the "look" where's my breakfast  :'( :'(

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2024, 12:43:33 PM »

How is your pup doing on her HRT?

flossie fiddler

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2024, 05:43:06 PM »

Hello all, sadly we said goodbye to Martha, our Malinois, on 11th April. The estrogen worked right until the end in keeping her dry, however she had so many other issues due to aging, that we felt we had exhausted all avenues with regard to therapies and treatments. She was no longer able to manage hydrotherapy, she was losing control of her bowels, her left leg had started to collapse, the dementia really started taking hold in the last 4 days of her life and she would only eat if I spoon fed her. After an aborted attempt at PEMF therapy, where she went into a head spin with anxiety, we realised it was time to let her go peacefully and with dignity. Missing her terribly, but I know we did everything we could to maintain quality of life for as long as we could. So privileged that for her 16 years 8 months of life, she had good health and it was only aging that took her in the end.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2024, 07:08:50 PM »

Ohhhh Flossie, I’m so sorry to hear this.
Like you’ve said, she had a lovely life, and brought so much happiness to you.
She’ll be with you forever.

Sending hugs.  :hug:

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2024, 07:12:56 PM »

If it should be .........  Martha, now running free over the Rainbow Bridge.   :foryou:

U did all that you were able to.  Animals slow down naturally slowly letting go of Life ....... I was told that the reason why my spaniel wanted to be outside on a cold, dry Feb night that she was looking for somewhere to curl up.   'pets leave paw prints on our hearts'

What's PEMF?

jaypo

« Reply #24 on: Today at 07:43:21 AM »

So sorry Flossie but she had a wonderful life with you  :'(

Songbird

« Reply #25 on: Today at 09:18:45 AM »

Oh Flossie, I feel for you.  :'(. It’s just devastating- our fur babies become such big parts of our lives. She did have a lovely life and will be dashing over the rainbow bridge with her friends 💞

SarahT

« Reply #26 on: Today at 06:53:31 PM »

Sending hugs Flossie,
It's always heartbreaking but you did all you could for her , she knew love in her life and now she's running pain free🐾
Pages: 1 [2]