Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 83

Author Topic: HRT--good or bad?  (Read 821722 times)

rulo

• First Flush
Re: HRT--good or bad?
« Reply #1095 on: January 11, 2020, 07:59:18 AM »

Hi Hurdity,
Thankyou very much for this. It is beginning to make more sense. I have to re-read things several times these days to make sure I really understand - another joy of perimenopause!
I have now bought a pack of Femoston 1/10. My current doctor wrote me out a prescription for this one a while back but I never followed up getting it made up.
I will keep people posted as I am really interested to see how I react (which I hope I don't) to the dygesterone part of the cycle!
Rulo x

Lindaj

« Reply #1096 on: January 21, 2020, 03:04:23 PM »

I'm 60 and gynaecologist feels I should stop my Evoril Conti patches based on age but I have no other risk factors, still working and I am happy to take the minimally increased risk. However my weight is creeping up which I hate but happy as OA creeping in everywhere which HRT helps and I love no flushes. 🤔

Baby

« Reply #1097 on: January 21, 2020, 05:20:22 PM »

I've been on the conti now since 5 November and no marked improvement. I am late peri. Maybe it's the progesterone. Seeing doctor saw doc last week and he thinks I should give it longer and it won't help keep messing with hormones. Advice please?

Baby

« Reply #1098 on: January 21, 2020, 05:21:40 PM »

Mood swings are awful

Baby

« Reply #1099 on: January 21, 2020, 05:37:19 PM »

And my eyes are playing up today.

Baby

« Reply #1100 on: January 21, 2020, 08:55:24 PM »

Please again.x

Baby

« Reply #1101 on: January 23, 2020, 06:45:29 PM »

Advice please :(

Sparrow

« Reply #1102 on: January 23, 2020, 07:16:04 PM »

Baby try posting a new thread in 'All things memopause' as it will be more noticed.

I can't help as HRT is a mystery to me.  ::)

dolliman

« Reply #1103 on: January 31, 2020, 09:31:28 AM »

There's so much conflicting information these days about HRT. Tell us what you think--is it good or bad? My feeling is that for most people it's good when used appropriately and reviewed but here you can have your say!

Jari

« Reply #1104 on: February 07, 2020, 08:53:50 PM »

Very bad in my case.

I took a very low dose of gel. After just two months I was gasping for breath, constantly hungry, put on a lot of weight, breast tissue hardened and became lumpy... re the gasping for breath, I was told to come off it immediately.

I am so pleased to have found out sooner than later of the disastrous effects it can have.  I really had no idea how powerful is was.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 09:49:38 PM by Jari »

Ms grumpy

« Reply #1105 on: February 07, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »

So I've been given my first HRT prescription but reading the side effects 😧I'm having second thoughts, maybe I should just hibernate for ten yrs or so, just so I don't make others suffer my explosive moods any advice to a newcomer?.

Ms grumpy

« Reply #1106 on: February 07, 2020, 09:56:06 PM »

:-\
Very bad in my case.

I took a very low dose of gel. After just two months I was gasping for breath, constantly hungry, put on a lot of weight, breast tissue hardened and became lumpy... re the gasping for breath, I was told to come off it immediately.

I am so pleased to have found out sooner than later of the disastrous effects it can have.  I really had no idea how powerful is was.

Hurdity

« Reply #1107 on: February 08, 2020, 08:58:11 AM »

So I've been given my first HRT prescription but reading the side effects 😧I'm having second thoughts, maybe I should just hibernate for ten yrs or so, just so I don't make others suffer my explosive moods any advice to a newcomer?.

Hi Ms grumpy

:welcomemm:

Why don't you introduce yourself in the new members section or the main All Things Menopause and tell us a bit more about yourself - where you are in menopause - in terms of cycle length and flow, how old you are, and what symptoms you are hoping to relieve with HRT?

Please don't be worried - the list of side effects does look alarming but if you have been prescribed it your doctor will have taken into account your medical history and in most people at most ages the benefits outweight the very small risks. Depending what type you have been prescribed and your last period - you may be more likely to experience side effects on some preparations than others but many women don't have any side effects at all - we don;t usually hear from them!

Also don't be alarmed at Jari's post - her reaction is very much unusual and will be down to her individual health circumstances rather than the HRT per se.

Do give it a try and let us know how you get on - like I said maybe do another posts as they often get missed on this thread....Good luck with it :)

Hurdity x

Jari

« Reply #1108 on: February 08, 2020, 09:12:57 AM »

Hi Ms Grumpy,

As Hurdity says, how old are you etc? Are you already post menopausal? What are your symptoms?

I know the list of possible side effects is long and are there for good reason.

Just like to kindly point out Hurdity, my experience was not due to other health circumstances. All those side effects were caused by hrt and went as soon as I stopped taking it.

Ms Grumpy, some women get on with hrt and others do not.

What are the reasons that you consider taking it?

X

Hurdity

« Reply #1109 on: February 09, 2020, 06:16:53 PM »

Thanks Jari - however as far as I can see, gasping for breath is not listed as one of the side effects - not any breathing problems. I am sorry you experienced this but like Birdy says - no-one need be frightened of taking HRT if there is no medical contra-indication. Best thing is to start low and slow and build up gradually and hopefully side effects will be minimal and the body can acclimatise. If it doesn't then a different route, preparation or dose may be required. We are here to help :)

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 83