Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 83

Author Topic: HRT--good or bad?  (Read 821702 times)

terriw

Re: HRT--good or bad?
« Reply #495 on: June 28, 2011, 06:05:36 PM »

After more than 5 years of drenching sweats and having tried just about every non-hormonal remedy going I (again) begged my doctor for HRT.

At last he has relented, I am now on day 2 of Kliogest (Kliofem) which is 2mg estrodiol and 1mg norethisterone (not got it to hand so not sure of spellings).

He has only given me 1 months worth and I have to see him again at the end of the month.

Anyone else any experience of this one? ???

dianb

« Reply #496 on: July 05, 2011, 10:04:39 PM »

how do i ask  dr heather currie a question anyone no ,thanks or do i write it on here for a answer, :( :( :(

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #497 on: July 07, 2011, 10:06:31 AM »

From the contact page:
PLEASE NOTE: Dr.Currie cannot respond to personal questions about medical matters.

juju

« Reply #498 on: July 18, 2011, 09:41:54 PM »

Great for me tho its taken 3 different types and quite a while to get it right.My problem was it was causing bleeds when I shouldnt have had them as my periods had been stopped for a couple of years when I started it.Has improved my life 1000%!Hot flushes gone,night sweats all but gone,mood swings vastly improved...normal life resumed!
Well here I am quite a few years later and I am still taking premique but cut down to 4 a week and from this week trying 3 a week.Luckily my GP has been great. She  thought I would retire at 60 haha and I had to tell her that I would still be working at 66 and probably longer.My life would have fallen apart without HRT.If I cant wean off it I'll stay on it as long as they'll prescribe it. :)

terriw

« Reply #499 on: July 19, 2011, 05:27:20 PM »

3 weeks on it now and the initial side effects are easing off. I don't feel so nauseous and my boobs aren't quite so sore and tender. I'm sleeping much better and the flushes are actually easing off a bit............sshhhhhhh........ :o :-X

shan

« Reply #500 on: July 19, 2011, 05:44:51 PM »

I know this sounds really dramatic, but without a doubt HRT has saved my life, i was at the lowest point ever, really worried that i was going to do something to end my life, I kept a diary at my lowest point and reading it now it sounds like a completely  different person I am reading about.

On my 2nd month on HRT and I really dont know what i would do without it.  :)

terriw

« Reply #501 on: July 19, 2011, 05:56:35 PM »

Shan, I'm really pleased for you and that's so encouraging to hear.

I have had a hellish 5 years of meno symptoms and nothing was giving me any relief. I too on many occasions thought there was only one way out.

My doc has always been dead against HRT. When I saw him a month ago I think he must have realised just how desperate I now was although I hadn't actually put into words just how serious it was getting.....fingers crossed.... :)

shan

« Reply #502 on: July 19, 2011, 07:31:07 PM »

Hi annifanny

So hope that your HRT carries on making u feel better, how the hell did u put up with 5 years?  mine probably started a couple of years ago but not really kicked in big time until begining of this year, I am on femoston, started on prempak C which was evil (well for me it was)

I finally feel like i am getting back to the old me, and everybody around me has noticed a difference, even a friend when i tried to explain about the menopause, who never understood it, said to me the other day, "We are getting the old you back" it made me feel so good

xx

terriw

« Reply #503 on: July 20, 2011, 07:53:33 AM »

I don't know how I put up with it for 5 years either. I was so determined that I'd "ride it through" without needing HRT but as time's gone on I realised I just couldn't do it. Always at the back of my mind was the fact that my poor Mum suffered hellish hot flushes for 40 years!

I see the doc today as he only gave me 1 months worth. Hoping he'll give a prescription for loads more now. I will mention my swollen ankles and calves though that ache like hell......

ooh....I'm so looking forward to feeling NORMAL again...!! >:( ::)

Riceypop

« Reply #504 on: August 10, 2011, 02:10:43 PM »

Its a GOOD from me although I have just been changed to Femoston 1/10 previously I was on Elleste Duet 1mg and although all started off well after a few months the heavy periods and bloating came back and I gained around 7lbs in weight no no no not what we want!.  However all the other symptoms night sweats disturbed sleeping and mood swings stayed away so fingers crossed that Femoston will sort out the 'period' issue and all will be well again ;)

Beverley46

« Reply #505 on: August 11, 2011, 08:09:49 AM »

So far it's been good for me.  I managed my first whole nights sleep last night, totally undisturbed, not hot flushes whatsoever and woke up as dry as when I went to bed with a nice fresh bed and no need to change the sheets.  I'm still having an issue with VA but as I've only been on the Elleste Duet for 6 days that's no surprise but after some good advice from some lovely ladies on the forum I am going to request Vagifem from my GP to take care of that.  The headaches have finally gone too which is another plus!

hickers

« Reply #506 on: August 15, 2011, 02:16:30 PM »

Is there any HRT that is not derived from the urine of pregnant mares?

I am an animal lover and a horse owner and would not use it purely from this point of view.

I am currently investigating bio-identical hormone therapy and would appreciate it if anyone had any experience of it.

jackidi

« Reply #507 on: August 29, 2011, 06:35:18 PM »

Hello  :)
I'm new to this forum.  First time today. I have been having problems with sleeping, mood swings, loss of libido, irregular periods, itchy skin and recently sudden sweating for no reason. Im just turned 49.
I went to the doctor last week, had some blood taken and the results showed that my hormones were at out of normal range levels. After a visit this morning to discuss my options I left armed with a three month prescription for Elleste Duet 1mg hrt pills. I haven't taken one yet but do plan to give it a go. I forgot to ask the doctor this but wondered if there was a better time of the month to start e.g before, during or after period(although not sure when I'll get my next one). Do you think it matters because the effects of the pills will surely interfere with my normal cycles?
Any comments, experiences with this pill would be great. I'm a bit nervous but want to feel better than I have been. Nice to have people to share this new period of life with. Wendy.

Bette

« Reply #508 on: August 29, 2011, 07:05:31 PM »

Hi Wendy
 :welcomemm:
I started HRT 2 years ago at 49 and for me it's been brilliant. I haven't taken Elleste but was told that I could start the HRT I was given straight away. There might be something about it in the leaflet but don't scare yourself silly by reading through all the possible side-effects - they just list everything to protect themselves!  ::) The HRT will over-ride your cycle and should give you bleeds at a set time each month. Occasionally ladies report the feeling of their own cycle "breaking through" but that's not common.
It would be best to introduce yourself with a new post on "New Members" as newbies often get missed in the middle of existing threads and more will want to welcome you and give you advice.
Bette x

jackidi

« Reply #509 on: August 29, 2011, 08:06:21 PM »

Thanks Susan and Bette,

I'll check out the newbies area and keep you posted x
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 83