Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with joint aches  (Read 707053 times)

Re: Tell us how you cope with joint aches
« Reply #510 on: February 26, 2016, 01:05:58 AM »

Does the joint pain get better once our bodies get use to the change. I can't believe we go from periods to all this other wonderful stuff. What a trade off!!
« Reply #511 on: February 26, 2016, 11:47:57 AM »

Mine have 07richard.  I'm probably late peri now, periods are two or three months apart and I've gone from dreadful joint and muscle pains to more what I would call 'normal'.  There were times when I hobbled about like a 90 year old and that isn't the case now.  I'm not saying things are perfect but definitely better.  Hope I haven't just jinxed it!!

S x
I just want to get on with enjoying life with out waking up wondering if I'm going to have to use a walker, cry, kill someone or have a period that I am going to need to use my pillow as a pad.  :(

helen45

« Reply #512 on: August 30, 2016, 12:44:36 PM »

Hi I am 45 and have been feeling completely exhausted and suffering with what I can only describe as throbbing bones with a burning sensation for a few months. GP has taken bloods which show raised white blood cells but everything else normal. Waiting for ultra sound scan (not sure why) and told to take hrt oestrogen only, however not tested my levels. Has anyone experienced this bone pain (which is all over my body no specific area) as I am unclear as to whether it is menopause related?

Feeling at a loss
Thanks H x

Acheyjane

« Reply #513 on: September 24, 2016, 10:20:36 PM »

Hi. I am 45 and started my meno journey about a year ago. I suffer with terrible aches and pains. Sometimes it's difficult to even get out of bed let alone go to work.
I am using evorel sequi patches and sertraline which seem to reduce most of my other symptoms, but I've resigned myself to the fact that I will never be the same again.
As for the aches and pains I take Devils Claw. It's really good and does make the pain easier day to day.

nothappybun

« Reply #514 on: September 26, 2016, 06:26:56 PM »

I cannot relate my joint aches to meno as I have an undetermined autoimmune disease which causes inflammation and aches and pains when I get a flare. I have noticed they are worse lately, hopefully when hrt kicks in it should help.

Charron

« Reply #515 on: October 05, 2016, 06:21:42 PM »

A year ago I was sooooo smug! I was 49 feeling like 29! I had few hot flushes and lost my hearing, I thought I had caught an ear infection, got most not all of the hearing back but with bad tinnitus, once I was out of fight or flight suicide mode the flushes came back with pains all over my body! Drs can't make it out, after joining this forum I now know why in one year I feel I have aged 30!
I am so coming back as a man! ;D

MabelBabel

« Reply #516 on: November 06, 2016, 10:58:58 PM »

I get really strange joint/muscle pains. They come on very suddenly and its more like a feeling of needing to stretch/shake out the joint. it's not so much painful as a tightening or a pressure...it's very hard to describe.
It affects my fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders in the joints and muscles and sometimes my leg muscles, not the joints.
I have a massager that I sometimes use all over the bits that hurt which seems to help, if it's too bad my only solution is to take a combination of painkillers.

JaneB

« Reply #517 on: January 27, 2017, 02:09:34 AM »

I really hope someone can relate to my problem, I have for the last year had the most awful muscle wastage and pain and have lost nearly 2 stone, I have pain in my hips, knees and shoulders, I have been seeing a rheumatologist who has done multiple bloods but is now saying all this is probably caused by lack of oestrogen, my doctor is useless and I am now trying to see a gynaecologist, I don't sleep through pain and from a healthy outdoor person who would be outside riding horses all day I'm now a weak 60 year old frail woman who can hardly lift a kettle, please any advice or opinions would be most welcome

peri

« Reply #518 on: January 27, 2017, 09:29:08 AM »

Can you get on some sort of hrt regime JanetB, oestrogen replaces what your body is no longer making and should make a difference.  I'm on evorel 50 patches and find them very good.  When I became peri menopausal I also had lots of aches and pains and started to take Pura Epa fish oil tablets from Mind 1st, (they're a concentrated dose better than anything you can buy on high street) I still take 4 a day and all my aches and pains have gone.  Good luck and hope you're feeling better soon x

Tracii

« Reply #519 on: April 23, 2017, 02:50:08 PM »

Joint pain??...OMG Where do I start??
I am 48, post menopausal. Waiting at the moment to see my doctor and start HRT.
The joint pain is quite interesting to hear about. I have had osteoarthritis for the past 5 years in my knees. I'm a little overweight, so to be expected really.I was worried though as I started having pains in my hands, neck and back. And before I read about the lack of estrogen=sore joints theory ,I thought my arthritis was on the move. So it's a wee sigh of relief to realise its just another symptom of menopause ::)

babyjane

« Reply #520 on: April 23, 2017, 04:32:24 PM »

Hello again Tracii, yes, I have osteoarthritis in my fingers but I also have a very weak grip and shooting pains in my wrists.  Sometimes my hips try to stop me getting out of bed in the morning too.  This menopause lark is certainly no joke is it?

:welcomemm:

marge

« Reply #521 on: May 15, 2017, 11:07:23 AM »

I've started developing joint pains (59, well past meno although my GP says we're never past it!!) over the last few weeks.  Can they also be caused by anxiety?? Before that, I was convinced I had bowel cancer, but no real symptoms other than mild pains and probably just IBS.  That disappeared when my figure and knee joints started to ache.  I'm always feeling scared of some major disease.  Anyone else??

marge

« Reply #522 on: May 15, 2017, 11:08:45 AM »

Sorry, meant to say finger not figure!

Roseycheeks

« Reply #523 on: June 10, 2017, 12:29:45 AM »

Hi there, This is my first post on MM :) I have a feeling it won't be my last. When I first started to get symptoms about three months ago, I noticed that my left arm/shoulder/hand was starting to ache/go numb periodically. Initially I thought it was my tendency to sleep on my left side and also the fact that I am left-handed. I have changed my sleeping position and eased off on using the left arm/shoulder in particular, even wearing a sling to support it, which seemed to help. But I still get aches and weird little shooting pains and sore hands- raised veins and even little pinging pains in my neck. They come and go but I still get them. Started to think I had Carpel Tunnel Syndrome for a bit. This is what happens, each symptom throws up new possibilites/leads but I tell myself:'It's only the menopause' :o Since March, I have taken a month's course of Menopace, as I was getting other symptoms such as palpitations and hot flushes. I also took MSM for a while which helped a good deal, it's a bioactive sulphur which is said to ease joint pain. Holland & Barrett sell it. It seemed to do the trick and the shoulder joint felt much better within a few days, although I stopped taking it after a week as it is unpleasant. I now take tumeric, which is an anti-inflammatory and a good multivit, vit D3 and magnesium, but that's more for sleeping. I have been on HRT for just over two weeks- my oestradiol level was low and no doubt the cause of the aches but I still get pains in my left hand- think it's more related to blood coursing in my veins, which are now quite often raised on the back. The back of my hand to it!  I suppose I will get used to it and hope that it will ease the longer I take HRT, which has already helped a good bit with palps etc although I still do get the flushes.
 Hope this is helpful :)

Hurdity

« Reply #524 on: June 10, 2017, 07:42:00 AM »

Hi Roseycheeks

:welcomemm:

I hope your joint pains and other symptoms continue to improve the longer you are on HRT. It is usual to give it 3 months before deciding whether it works or not or whether a different type might be better. Hopefully your pains will ease sufficiently for you to take regular exercise which will of course be beneficial for your joints and overall health.

Do introduce yourself in the new members section so that more members can welcome you. :)

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39