Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Poison  (Read 343 times)

CrispyChick

Poison
« on: May 04, 2024, 11:43:06 AM »

Those of you that felt poisoned in peri by estrogen spikes - did it go post meno?

I know there's a few of you out there.

Thanks xxx
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 12:35:34 PM by CrispyChick »

AngelaH

Re: Poison
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 10:48:17 AM »

Hi CrispyChick,

In meno the level of all sex hormones will drop anyway and esrogen will not cause the same problems like in peri.

My peri finished somewhere about 50 - 51, since that time I had low estrogen symptoms only. But about once a half of year I always had just a couple of days when I suddenly started feeling great again, the only  explanation I could find it was caused by sudden rise of estrogen in my body. It happened to me again just before I discovered that my meno symptoms can be easily controlled by low dose of Estriol. It was time,  when I felt so ill, that I decided to give up my job. One day I woke up in the morning and realised all the symptoms were gone and I felt pretty normal again, it lasted for 2 days and after I went back to my “plant existence” life. I had very light spotting for 2 days. Later during scan I was told I was post meno.

It is hard to explain what is going on inside the body. But definitely something is going on.

CrispyChick

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 10:54:14 AM »

Thank you Angela.

I just feel so ill. I'm at the point where I need to give up my job. I'm considering asking for chemical meno.  >:(

Nas

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 11:19:45 AM »

Can you get signed off, rather than resign, Crispy?

I don’t think you should discount a hysterectomy ( if that is a path you want to go down). You have suffered immeasurably for long enough. This could go on for a while yet. How old are you? What are your periods doing now?

CrispyChick

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 12:18:56 PM »

I'm nearly 48.

Periods very light. But always have been. Still pretty regular.

So. Would a hysterectomy be better than chemical meno??? A full hysterectomy with ovaries out too?

And how would I go about getting that??? I have no heavy bleeding or endo or anything?? Would the oblige?

Not thought of this. I'd honestly have it tomorrow if it stopped all this xx

CrispyChick

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2024, 12:20:59 PM »

And yes, I can get signed off. Kind of waiting to see what my 'options' are before doing so.

AngelaH

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2024, 12:27:45 PM »

Thank you Angela.

I just feel so ill. I'm at the point where I need to give up my job. I'm considering asking for chemical meno.  >:(

I am so sorry you are still suffering with no help at all. Maybe try to reduce your working hours to minimum, instead of diving up? It’s better to talk to your employer before making such a drastic decision.

Well, what your Doctors do think about chemical meno in your case? Have you discussed it with them?

AngelaH

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2024, 12:32:36 PM »

Periods very light. But always have been. Still pretty regular

It looks like high estrogen level is not your problem actually. High estrogen level would make your periods heavier, not lighter.

CrispyChick

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2024, 12:37:29 PM »

I've read it can do both.

But no, my E levels are pretty normal. My P is low. Which I know the NHS won't care about. And having trialled bhrt P I just can't get there. And utrogestan killed me off.

I think it's unbalanced and the fluctuations.

But yes, without heavy periods, why would they remove it all?

I've not asked about chem meno. I have an appointment this week. And I've privately booked a meno gynae for 3 weeks time.

I cannot go on in this living hell.

AngelaH

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2024, 01:46:39 PM »

I've read it can do both.

But no, my E levels are pretty normal. My P is low. Which I know the NHS won't care about. And having trialled bhrt P I just can't get there. And utrogestan killed me off.

I think it's unbalanced and the fluctuations.

But yes, without heavy periods, why would they remove it all?

I've not asked about chem meno. I have an appointment this week. And I've privately booked a meno gynae for 3 weeks time.

I cannot go on in this living hell.

Hormonal imbalance causes the symptoms. If low P responsible for it, adding just P should help. If it doesn’t help I would look to different reasons, not P.

NHS doctors follow the rules, they don’t make any decisions themselves.

I was suffering because of low P in my body for more than 10 years, NHS didn’t care till bleedings became uncontrollable, but they didn’t think about removing my uterus, very simple solution, the source of progesterone was fitted to my uterus instead. It helped, NHS was happy too.

Have at least 3 doctors opinions before making any decision. I so hope you will find the way out of this hell.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2024, 04:32:29 PM »

Gynaes are reluctant to perform hysterectomy which is major surgery.  If HRT hasn't worked yet, it is unlikely to improve after surgery unless very lucky.  Some ladies really do ebenefit from having 'it all out', my Gynea always takes 'the lot' to save having to 'go back in' at a later date.  ::)