Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Mood swings on Oestrogel  (Read 28 times)

PURPLEFISHMENORCA

• First Flush
Mood swings on Oestrogel
« on: Today at 04:35:33 PM »

Just wondered how anyone else copes on the Oestrogel? I’m on 2 pumps a day so that’s 150mg. I was on 3 pumps the end of last year but it was like my menopause symptoms had come back worse!
 GP advised to go to 2 pumps but I’m finding every month I’m paranoid, down, anxious, stressed, over-thinking and having intrusive thoughts.
 I’ve got a GP appointment tomorrow to see what they suggest.
 I am on Fluoxetine 20mg.

Kathleen

Re: Mood swings on Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:06:53 PM »

Hello PURPLEFISHMENORCA and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately I can't help you with your question but you have my sympathy!

Mood changes have been a feature of my menopause and at one point I was using the equivalent of six pumps of gel. I usually felt normal for half of the day but then my mood would crash and I would feel panicky before recovering again. I am post meno so my own hormones had long gone.

I now use one 1 mg sachet of Sandrena gel which is equivalent to two pumps of Oestrogel and one 100mg Utrogestan tablet taken orally every day.  I am also taking an AD.

To be honest my moods are still very up and down on this regime however my Nurse Practitioner assures me that she can help me balance my emotions with HRT. Watch this space lol.

Hopefully other ladies will soon be along to advise you and I wish you well for your appointment tomorrow. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Take care.

K.