Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Which magazines do you read?  (Read 14030 times)

Dyan

Re: Which magazines do you read?
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2015, 06:10:24 PM »

Know that feeling CLKD ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2015, 06:46:32 PM »

An ex- neighbour left some gardening books yesterday, when she's in the area she drops a load in then I pass them onto the Dental Surgery …….

Briony

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2015, 09:47:39 PM »

Since peri hit me, I've definitely taken to magazines as a form of escapism/taking my mind off hormones and Dr Google. Usually get Woman and Home, Grazia, Red, Good Housekeeping (or anything with a freebie). I always get Waitrose Kitchen - as it's free (along with the free newspaper).  Read my Dad's Private Eye and partner's Which? if in the mood. Like Readers' Digest ... but only in the dentist's surgery. We used to get Devon Life, but it got too expensive and repetitive to justify it.

Gosh, wasn't til I wrote it down that I realised what a magazine junkie I am!  :o

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2024, 09:11:45 AM »

Listening to Jeremy Vine on Radio2 yesterday [because there was nowt on radio], who knew that there are addicts: "Slingshot World Magazine". : whilst it didn't make good radio he was discussing the different types of catapults and trying them in the studio  ::)

Sophya

• First Flush
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2024, 02:50:10 PM »

Morning girls!

I'm doing a little bit of personal research and  was wondering if you could tell me which magazines you read and why you like your particular favourites?

I read virtually none except when I'm in the hairdressers, but they're mostly of the "celebrity gossip" -type (which quite frankly bore me rigid) so I'm not in touch with what's out there.

Many thanks as always. :)

to be honest, I don't read magazines. I don't know why but I don't really like it

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2024, 05:50:26 PM »

I love magazines but they have become difficult to recycle ....... I hate putting almost new mags into the bin so have stopped buying any.

Autumnwalks

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2024, 09:06:04 AM »

I haven't read a magazine for years and years. Used to read newspaper supplements but haven't had a newspaper for about 12 years.

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2024, 09:09:34 AM »

We have 3 Sat papers plus inserts - some go straight into recycling  ::) - they keep me going all week  8) plus Monday for the Medical pages ...... and I buy a paper on Wed to read Thursday when I'm out and about.  Easier to recycle than magazines.

"Slingshot World Magazine" - who knew  ;D

Minusminnie

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2024, 01:54:24 PM »

A paper log maker might save you a bit on logs with all that newspaper.

CLKD

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2024, 03:00:18 PM »

Not allowed to make paper logs for wood burners.  Too many chemicals in the various processes ;-)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]