Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Breast reduction anyone?  (Read 58426 times)

niecsey

Re: Breast reduction anyone?
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2011, 02:55:22 PM »

Thank you xxx l dont care about scars either l have enough of them already lol throat.. hysterectomy.. other various scars burns etc stretch marks whats a few more hardly like lm strip material these days lol might feel like it with the perky boobs l should of owned lol  :) l just woke up one morning with these massive things when l was about 13 LOL :boobs: part of me does feel sad that lm doing it  after all we are what we are for what we are if that makes sense.. BUT these have had an impact on my life and l am so excited at the thought of not buying clothes cos they fit over my boobs etc etc and the thought of  going swimming again :) and not wondering where my nipples are pointing when its cold LOL and the thought of less pain :)  lm so happy havnt felt like this for a long time funny l never felt this when l heard l had to have a hyster LOL. Dont give up......... keep onto them cos they do forget!!!!!!!!!   xxxx thank you xxx

Eddie

« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2011, 03:14:14 PM »

Great news Neicsey, I'm sure it will fly by, just plan a date when it should be over and allow some time for initial healing, it is exciting so enjoy this burst of energy. Silverlady, i didn't know you've been through this, did you have it done again because they grew back? Eddie. x

niecsey

« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2011, 03:16:44 PM »

eee just thought 5 months time will be my birthday what a prezzie :) Thanks Eddie xxx

silverlady

« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2011, 04:26:03 PM »

Eddie mine grew after my hysterectomy up until then I was about a 34b/c but as I was very small everywhere else they seemed bigger, anyway after the hyst they grew to 36f, which just looked too much for my frame and very uncomfortable, when I finally saw the PS he said to me well you have very nice breasts and I replied well if I was six foot tall but I am under five foot, and he then did agree then that I was not in proportion, I also had rib that kept popping out and was very painful, since the op that has not happened and the grooves on my shoulders have gone. Also I had one breast slightly bigger then the other one and that is a criteria on the NHS for the op.

My  first op went went well but it left me still too big, I made sure it was put on my notes on my first post op that had been left too big also I did point out that it looked as if two surgeons had worked on my breasts as the scarring and cuts were so different ( I have since seen a private PS who agreed and said he would have not been too please if that had been his work, and that he could sort it out but honestly it does not bother me)
Anyway I saw a different NHS PS who said he would do revision for me and he brought me down to a perfect 36a/b they are firm and perky still after three years and no way could I hold a pencil under then. The sense of freedom and lightness is unbelievable. I did have some complications after the second op and I took longer to heal but the practice nurses at my surgery were a fantastic support.

You are going to be delighted and I am sure the girls on your forum will be going through it all with you and be there for you. Each of us has a different recovery but noone ever regrets having it done.

silverlady xx

niecsey

« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2011, 04:33:19 PM »

Well done Silver lady x so happy for you. Can l ask  did you have to stop your hrt if you take it before the op? x

silverlady

« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2011, 04:52:44 PM »

Niecsey I didn't have to as I was only on a very low dose patch, but is up to your surgeon and you should check with him. I had asked to be put on the cancellation list and I only had a few hours notice, they rang me in the morning and asked if I could be at the hospital by two in the afternoon for my pre med, I stayed the night and had the op the next morning first thing.

I would check if you have to stop taking certain vitamins too, you can ask all these questions at your pre med.

silverlady x

niecsey

« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2011, 05:08:25 PM »

Thanks :)  just jumping gun abit lol. I thoguht when we had hysters we had to take a strong dose of hrt to make up for what were missing? Or is that an age related thing ? Im not been cheeky lol x

silverlady

« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2011, 05:20:25 PM »

I only had a partial hyst, I kept ovaries and cervix, I only use the patch for bone health ect.  I had very slight bleeding each month, sometimes just a spot and went through a cycle for the next few years, even now I can sometimes feel  when I would be due on, women can experience this up until they are at least seventy.

It is different if you have had a full hyst, so you you will be advised on what to do.

silverlady xx 

niecsey

« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2011, 05:50:46 PM »

Ok thanks :) lm just thinking back and lm sure he asked me if l get sore breasts... l wonder why... l dont usually but l wonder if he meant sore as in hormonal or sore from the weight of them? Im going to do everyones heads in now until l get them done lol x

Oldteen

« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2011, 05:23:58 AM »

Well, I've finally had my answer. I satisfy all the criteria except for my BMI. It should be 27 minimum, but it was 29 the last time the doctor weighed me.

So I've got to try even harder to lose weight, and then the doctor can refer me again.

I've been sent details of how I can join a Rosemary Conley class at a reduced fee, if I lived in the neighbouring borough....I live on the border of two boroughs, which always causes confusion! I've also been sent details of how to join a gym at a reduced fee, if I lived in the neighbouring borough...

As it is, I walk everywhere, and two or three times a week walk two miles to the leisure centre, swim twenty lengths and walk home again. No point in joining a gym as I know I won't go!

The thought of calorie-counting and coping with hunger does not fill me with joy..I've been battling my weight for years. :'(

Eddie

« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2011, 07:19:20 AM »

Bornagain, The problem i had about weightloss was the same, but after i had my op and couldn't eat solids i started to realise how much i was used to eating. Maybe the only way to do it is cutting down on food, but it has to be significant, swap sugary things for longer lasting foods and cutting meals sizes right down, less bread. This is important, you know how much you want it. Alcohol was the biggest waste of calories for me, i would happily have a bottle of beer or two every night, just like most peoples glass of wine?
Eddie. x

niecsey

« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2011, 07:20:26 AM »

Yea  xx glad for ya and you can do it hun x its not easy still having smoking issues! ( l know if l wasnt in pain it would be easier!) you can do it hun x Ps by the way the bmi rule here is no higher than 29!

Bette

« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2011, 01:04:27 PM »

:congrats: on getting to the next stage, Bornagain. The annoying thing is that your weight will probably be fine once you've had the op!  ::)
I think Eddie is right, unfortunately the only way to do it is to eat less. My friend has great success with WW - actually enjoys it as she can choose what she wants to eat and when - sometimes is extra "good" one day so she can enjoy a treat the next (like when she's eating out.) I think it can be a real effort to count the points to start with but she says they have good recipes and menu ideas and even sell snacks and treats which are "point counted" to make it easier.
You can do it - think how great you'll feel after the op!
Bette x

Oldteen

« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2011, 03:53:13 PM »

Thanks for all your words of encouragement girls!

Now, why on earth should the BMI limit be different in another area? That's the NHS for you I suppose!

Your advice is sound, and I do realise that I need to lose about two stone, but  Bette is right, if I had the "op" I'd probably go down about eight pounds in one go!

I'm trying to think what I can cut down on. I very rarely drink, and have been having low-fat everything for years. Now my periods have stopped I don't have chocolate or carb cravings any more, so that's a bonus. I don't eat much bread, so all I can do is reduce my portion sizes and ignore my (slim) husband who tells me off for not clearing my plate.

It's coping with the tiredness and headaches brought on by hunger that I find the most difficult, and I have a fairly active job where you have to be alert.

Someone recommended using "Alli" but isn't that kind of stuff just a laxative and diuretic?
As for exercise, I'll just have to try to walk and swim more!

Bette

« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2011, 04:23:14 PM »

I think it's really hard to know what is "fattening" and what isn't. I was surprised to see that a yoghurt had many more calories than my favourite crisps!  :o That's where I think something like WW can help - takes away the guesswork. My friend has lost lots on it and still eats far more than I do. She really enjoys her food - for her it's about discipline, I think.  :-\
Bette x
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14