Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Has anyone tried increasing progesterone to relieve anxiety?  (Read 362 times)

Arya Underfoot

I'm recently post menopausal and really struggling with brain fog, anxiety and sleep problems. I've been increasing my oestrogen to 100 and I do find I have less anxiety and panic attacks on the patches compared to the gel, unless they're out of stock, I've had many breakdowns at the pharmacy lately.

Out of desperation I saw a naturopath who suggested increasing my progesterone might help. I've looked in to it and found a medical report that suggested women who are on 100 oestrogen could take 200mg progesterone continuously. I know a lot of people on here don't get on with Utrogestan/Prometrium but I love it, it's just a pity they don't make a 50mg tablet. I have tried taking 200mg cyclically but found it too hard to go 2 weeks without progesterone so went back to 100mg continuously.

I don't have a cervix, so purely taking progesterone for it's calming effect.

Has anyone tried a higher dose of progesterone and did it have any good effects?

Thanks for any advice.

Bandango42

Re: Has anyone tried increasing progesterone to relieve anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 03:42:36 PM »

Hi

I take 200mg progesterone continuously purely because I feel good on it. I am also on evorel 100 patch.

I feel better taking it continuously than I ever did sequentially. I'm still peri though so get quite a bit of breakthrough bleeding which is very annoying however, my sleep is very good and I just feel way more stable emotionally on 200 continuous.

Hope that helps x

Arya Underfoot

Re: Has anyone tried increasing progesterone to relieve anxiety?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 01:41:25 AM »

Many thanks for your reply, it's good to know it has worked for someone, might be the answer for me.