Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stressful time!  (Read 2014 times)

Dandelion22

Re: Stressful time!
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2024, 06:39:00 PM »

England with some lovely sunshine for a change!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2024, 07:02:24 PM »

I haven't worked out what causes my bloating  :-\

Dandelion22

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2024, 06:38:59 PM »

One of those days today it hasn’t mattered what I have eaten I have had indigestion every time! Can’t wait for the endoscopy on Friday. 

Dandelion22

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2024, 06:26:35 PM »

Hi, just an update on my endoscopy which wasn’t the best experience but was made so much better by the fantastic team looking after me. I have a small hiatus hernia and a gastric ulcer. Isn’t it so much better when you know what you are dealing with :)

Jules

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2024, 07:06:35 PM »

Hi, just an update on my endoscopy which wasn’t the best experience but was made so much better by the fantastic team looking after me. I have a small hiatus hernia and a gastric ulcer. Isn’t it so much better when you know what you are dealing with :)
I thought it sounded like an ulcer. I once had one, I also have a hernia. You can sort all that out. Better than other things you might have had. Did you have sedation?

Dandelion22

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2024, 07:36:05 PM »

No I had the throat spray, I wasn’t sure it was an ulcer as the blood test for h pylori was negative but apparently it was the stomach acid that has caused it.  Once you know what you are dealing with you just have to follow the Drs orders and look forward to Summer.  Thank you for your reply x

Jules

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2024, 07:59:31 PM »

No I had the throat spray, I wasn’t sure it was an ulcer as the blood test for h pylori was negative but apparently it was the stomach acid that has caused it.  Once you know what you are dealing with you just have to follow the Drs orders and look forward to Summer.  Thank you for your reply x
You did well then. I need sedation. Yes acid causes the ulcer. I have permanent damage from chronic acid reflux. Keep on top if it as advised and you'll soon be more comfortable.  I stopped drinking last year. That made a big difference for me.

Dandelion22

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2024, 09:32:56 AM »

Hi Jules, I have been prescribed Lanzeroprazole, I currently take no medication at all but the Endoscopist said the quicker I complete my 3 month course the quicker things will go back to normal. He said if it doesn’t suit me to ask for a different brand but I imagine there are issues with all of them. How do you treat your acid reflux?

Jules

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2024, 11:43:31 AM »

Hi Jules, I have been prescribed Lanzeroprazole, I currently take no medication at all but the Endoscopist said the quicker I complete my 3 month course the quicker things will go back to normal. He said if it doesn’t suit me to ask for a different brand but I imagine there are issues with all of them. How do you treat your acid reflux?
I take omeprazole daily. Gaviscon when I need extra.  I was diagnosed with Barratts Oesophagus so different to you, quite a shock, but told its a result of chronic acid reflux.  Consultant thought ibuprofen had contributed.  I don't touch the stuff now. I was diagnosed with hernia and ulcer. 20 years ago though. Now, I've changed my diet and eating and drinking routine. Smaller portions, don't eat less than 3 hours before bed, don't sit scrunched over and I don't drink alcohol as that was triggering it. Alcohol relaxes your sphincter and allows stomach acid to go the wrong way. As does peppermint the dietician told me.

Dandelion22

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2024, 02:45:06 PM »

Interestingly I stopped drinking when I was in perimenopause as it used to make me feel bad the next day but noticed a couple of years ago I was alright again and have had wine when out for a meal etc but not anymore because it is just not worth the aggravation.

jaypo

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2024, 09:42:09 AM »

Blimey,my two glasses of red wine on a Friday and Saturday are the only nice things I have left & I'll cling on to them for as long as humanly possible  ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 10:35:14 AM by jaypo »

Dandelion22

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2024, 10:14:15 AM »

I might think differently in a few months :) I have taken the Lanseroprazole for two days but have had awful diarrhoea this morning so will have to speak to my GP about that. I am also keeping a food diary to see if anything looks dodgy.
Pages: 1 [2]