Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bleeding  (Read 876 times)

Jules

Re: Bleeding
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2024, 10:27:01 AM »

When I got to my appointment recently the consultant told me bleeding in post menopausal women on hrt is nearly always hrt related or something like a polyp.

Katie

• First Flush
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2024, 12:32:26 PM »

I had my appointment today, I had an internal scan which showed a womb lining of 7mm and because of this I had a biopsy.  I wish I'd had some pain relief.i really don't know how it is acceptable to do these painful biopsies without pain management. Anyway I was determined to get through it so with concerntrating on my breathing I got through it. My results will be in 4 weeks . Feeling even more worried now .

Jules

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2024, 02:36:39 PM »

I had my appointment today, I had an internal scan which showed a womb lining of 7mm and because of this I had a biopsy.  I wish I'd had some pain relief.i really don't know how it is acceptable to do these painful biopsies without pain management. Anyway I was determined to get through it so with concerntrating on my breathing I got through it. My results will be in 4 weeks . Feeling even more worried now .
It isn't acceptable. I've recently posted about my agonising  hysteroscopy and polyp removal without pain relief and also updated on here about the response I've got from the government minister.

Booroo

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2024, 06:07:10 PM »

I had 2 week tvs last year took biopsies and Mirena fit all with gas and air well done Plymouth hospital I was well looked after

Booroo

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2024, 06:07:27 PM »

NHS

KaraShannon

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2024, 01:02:00 PM »

Haven't read all the thread yet but you may want to note my thread as I've just introduced a tiny amount of estriol cream and have had an unusual early and heavier bleed. 

It's always nervewracking the 2 week cancer pathways, but we have to remind ourselves that this is a standard that our health system gives us for checks and that in most cases it is to rule out cancer.  Bleeding at the wrong time can happen for many reasons but as it is also a cancer symptom they just have to follow protocol and run the checks. 

Let us know how you get on, I do feel it will be the changes to your hormonal treatment, these things are stronger than we realise  :)
Pages: 1 [2]