Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Missed progesterone pill - advice and reassurance pls...  (Read 487 times)

Bluedonkey

• First Flush
Missed progesterone pill - advice and reassurance pls...
« on: May 19, 2024, 07:07:52 AM »

Hi all

Advice much appreciated

I'm 45, perimenopause assumed due to symptoms so GP started me on patch and provera (utrogestan tried but didn't work for me)

Third cycle and forgot one provera tablet on Friday night - I'd eaten something that disagreed with me and couldn't keep anything down. Tablet went out mind.

Tea time last night, started spotting - day 23 of cycle.

Pre trying HRT my cycle was anything from 22 to28 days. Since starting it's been closer to 28.

So...

Could missing one tablet cause the spotting?

Could this be an early period?

I took tablet last night as thought it was best to oppose the patch and NHS advice says to continue with next dose.

I had scan in Sept all clear apart from two small fibroids, lining ok -GP considered it "normal" scan. Smear due in Oct.

Suffer massive HA and having a lot of family stress atm which I know won't help!

Thanks in advance.

Penguin

Re: Missed progesterone pill - advice and reassurance pls...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2024, 09:16:53 AM »

Yes one missed progesterone dose of any kind can cause spotting. The withdrawal bleed on a sequential regime is caused by the sudden drop in progesterone.
Health anxiety is the worst, I feel for you but I really think you've got nothing to worry about this time.

Bluedonkey

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2024, 09:57:06 AM »

Thanks so much for replying, Penguin

I think given cramp feelings today etc it might be my period 5days "early"

Does this happen despite being on HRT?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2024, 10:53:50 AM »

I agree with penguin. If ever I missed a patch I would have bleeding. It should quickly settle if you carry on as usual.

Bluedonkey

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2024, 11:23:16 AM »

Thanks both.

As morning gone on it feels more like a period. it's flowing as usually does at start, and have cramping....

Could this be the withdrawal bleed for this cycle? At a loss to know whether to keep taking provera or not!

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2024, 12:12:03 PM »

Medical advice is to continue with it though if my period came early I stopped utro and started counting again so the two cycles kept in sync. If you have a strong cycle of your own it will usually override the hrt one, mine always did.