Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Sudden sore nipples and spots everywhere!  (Read 390 times)

violetbat

Sudden sore nipples and spots everywhere!
« on: May 18, 2024, 07:04:32 AM »

I have recently ( about 2 months ago) switched to a conti regime after years on sequi. On the whole it has been fine- am using norithisterone as I can tolerate it it much better than utro( odd- I know). Last week I started to get really sensitive nipples and then spots on my face and body. It reminded me of how my body reacted when I was early in my pregnancies- That is a big normal change.
I am wondering is this could be caused by fluctuations in my own hormones on top of the HRT.
Anyone have anything similar happen?

Dorothy Gale

Re: Sudden sore nipples and spots everywhere!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 09:28:08 AM »

Hi

Sorry this is an issue for you.

I can't help re the HRT but altered skin is a huge issue in menopause but one less talked about...

My skin since being 50...has become hypersensitive to everything....random spots on face/body, welts, redness, rashes, bruises, itching, burning, ****ling, sore, dry, thin, allergies...you name it.

It's very much hormonal.

Xxx

MsUlysses

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 03:09:44 PM »

I had what I thought was a hormonal skin reaction, incredibly itchy breasts and nipples, but the Dr suggested it was an allergic reaction to the coating of the pill rather than the hormone. Changed to a different pill and the itching went away.

violetbat

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2024, 06:54:41 AM »

Thanks.
I am wondering if it is the conti regime that is doing this. I am also extremely tired all the time. Mood isn’t great.