Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and painful jaw  (Read 252 times)

HRicardo

• First Flush
Utrogestan and painful jaw
« on: May 11, 2024, 08:56:00 PM »

I've seen an old post on this but am struggling to find much information at all about Utrogestan and jaw pain - is it quite a common side effect? The Utrogestan has been a game changer in improving my sleep but the trade-off seems to have been a very painful jaw, I guess I must be clenching it in my sleep.  :(  Are there any alternatives? (other than a Mirena coil). Thanks!

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan and painful jaw
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 09:00:07 AM »

Hi HRicardo

:welcomemm:

Never heard of that one! Very doubtful that Utrogestan can cause this but with some women including me, it gives rise to very vivid dreams which disturb sleep ( along with increased bladder frequency) so maybe something like this is causing you to clench your jaw.

Do tell us a bit more about yourself, where you are in menopause, how old you are, what your HRT regime is etc.

Yes Mirena coil is very effective in protecting the endometrium when taking oestrogen as part of HRT and depdning on your age is a contraceptive too, though I doubt it has the same sedative effects as progesterone, which is one if its properties (like pregnancy fatigue).

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Utrogestan and painful jaw
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2024, 09:59:28 AM »

:welcomemm:   browse round. Make notes ;-). Ask away.