Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estriol cream not dissolving  (Read 787 times)

Brownie

Estriol cream not dissolving
« on: May 10, 2024, 09:22:14 AM »

Hi ladies
Hope this isn't a stupid question but does anyone find that if they have inserted their vaginal estrogen before bed + they don't get a good sleep the estrogen doesn't seem to dissolve/act as well ?

I have been taking amitriptyline for interstitial cystitis which also helps me sleep but find it I don't get a good sleep I feel sore/dry/irritated the next day.

Any comments would be appreciated Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Estriol cream not dissolving
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 09:27:52 AM »

No questions are silly here!

How often are you inserting the Estriol?

Brownie

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 09:28:04 AM »

I also meant to add that it also seems to make me want to pee more the next day.
I also usually needing the cream nighty at the moment. Additionally I used vagifem in the past but irritated me.
I use the 0.01 estriol (old gynest )

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 09:30:45 AM »

I was prescribed GYNEST pessaries initially, now I have 'ovestin' which is via an applicator.  Occasionally the next morning I felt the need2P which eased during the day.  Such a nuisance!

How high are you able to insert the product?  Nightly may be necessary for several months until symptoms ease.  R U up and down in the night when U can't sleep?

Brownie

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2024, 09:34:12 AM »

Generally the amitriptyline keeps me asleep so I'm not up however I was up once at the loo last night but again I find the cream seems to work better if I've not used the toilet during the night if that makes sense ?

Brownie

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2024, 09:44:24 AM »

Sorry, also wanted to add (sorry if TMI) that the next morning I can see all the cream just sitting there if you know what I mean !!!!

Ayesha

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2024, 09:49:34 AM »

What about using it in the morning instead of night. No harm in trying but would suggest a panty liner would be needed. It really is all about experimenting until you find the solution to this pain in the bum condition!!

Brownie

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2024, 09:52:36 AM »

Have never tried it in the morning before.
It's the large applicator so not sure would it work/absorb as well ?

Ayesha

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2024, 10:12:03 AM »

It shouldn't make any difference to how effective it is using morning or night, as I said its all about experimenting with what we are given.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2024, 11:06:52 AM »

It mayB the residue of the product rather than the active ingredient.  With 'ovestin' I have no problems, although I've been using VA treatment for over 5 years so my vaginal walls are well plumped up = good absorption.

Brownie

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2024, 11:37:53 AM »

Thanks for the advice/comments ladies. Things seem to go well then one bad night seems to make everything worse again. I will keep with the every night meantime + 🙏 I can get a better sleep tonight +things improve tomorrow.

Minusminnie

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2024, 12:59:42 PM »

Would it be worth asking to try Estriol 0.1% cream rather than the 0.01% that you are using.

After the 2 week initial load you may find that twice a week which is the initial recommended follow up is enough for you.

I think when you have not had a lot of sleep it just heightens things that are happening & you are trying to cope with in your body.

Brownie

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2024, 01:10:13 PM »

I have been using the 0.01 for some time now + most of the time 🤞 not had any probs + I like it. Just seems less effective when I've not slept well or had to get up to the loo through the night.
Dont feel great now but 🙏 get a better sleep tonight +feel somewhat better tomorrow 🙏🤞

fiftyplus

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2024, 03:45:18 PM »

Sorry, also wanted to add (sorry if TMI) that the next morning I can see all the cream just sitting there if you know what I mean !!!!
Yes I am the same .. in the morning once I have did a pee pee the residue is in the pan too but eh what goes up... some can come down.  Cream still seems to work - so don't worry about it x

Brownie

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2024, 04:21:05 PM »

I'm not really worried, just been sore/uncomfortable today as I said never slept last night + feel cream not worked as it should.
🤞 feel better tomorrow 🙏