Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Endometrial biopsy ?  (Read 513 times)

Jules

Re: Endometrial biopsy ?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2024, 07:29:16 AM »

Yes I have. I wrote over 2 months ago and he said he would get them. My GP wrote a month ago. I'm going to write again. It's shambolic. I have the diagnosis.  I need the extent of it and the surveillance plan going forwards.
Maybe they lost your test? It seems they are sent all over the UK now to central testing labs and not all come back.
I was told I'd get results for a test in "up to six weeks", I had sticky things in my hair afterwards from the sensors stuck on my head, it was a memorable test that my husband drove me to, he got us there early and he waited an hour for it all to be finished and for him to take me home again.
After the six weeks they changed the narrative and told me I had failed to attend for the test!!!
I never got the results, although I think they eventually believed that I'd been there :o
That's unbelievable.  Worrying in fact. I'm definitely going to chase it up. I'm still alive and kicking, it's a good job isn't it when I'm relying on incompetent health services.

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2024, 08:10:58 AM »

It's shocking how treatment is different all over the UK and basic care and advice is not given. I can only describe my experience in SW England. Prior to my hysteroscopy and biopsy I was sent a leaflet outlining everything including afterwards ie what one should avoid etc. My letter said I should take 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen an hour before the appointment, as pain relief. There were pads in the room where I had the procedure to put on immediately (because I had quite a bit of bleeding) and results came through in about 3 weeks. The consultant wrote to my GP with the results and her recommendations for ongoing hRT, which resulted in my being prescribed vaginal progesterone. I cannot fault my treatment in any way.

I don't know what can be done to ensure this treatment is universal except to complain so that women in future receive better care - but terrible that one has to do this.

Hurdity x

Jules

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2024, 09:57:08 AM »

It's shocking how treatment is different all over the UK and basic care and advice is not given. I can only describe my experience in SW England. Prior to my hysteroscopy and biopsy I was sent a leaflet outlining everything including afterwards ie what one should avoid etc. My letter said I should take 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen an hour before the appointment, as pain relief. There were pads in the room where I had the procedure to put on immediately (because I had quite a bit of bleeding) and results came through in about 3 weeks. The consultant wrote to my GP with the results and her recommendations for ongoing hRT, which resulted in my being prescribed vaginal progesterone. I cannot fault my treatment in any way.

I don't know what can be done to ensure this treatment is universal except to complain so that women in future receive better care - but terrible that one has to do this.

Hurdity x
I was given that information prior to the procedure too. But I can't take ibuprofen and paracetamol was like taking sugar. The pain was so extreme and the gas and air mentioned before, never materialised when I was fainting. I am pursuing policy with help from my MP and I've emailed my stomach doctor!

Nas

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2024, 10:29:53 AM »

Agree with Hurdity, I think it’s unbelievable how differently women are treated up and down the country, for essentially the same procedure.

I’ve had two endometrial biopsies and two hysteroscopy’s in the past. All of them were painless and quick. Pads were available and nice staff to talk you through it all.

Leaflets sent through beforehand and aftercare spoken about. Alternative painkillers were mentioned in case paracetamol and ibroprufen were not tolerated or able to be taken.

I’m in the north west and can’t fault any women’s health care I’ve received in the past.

How to make this universal? Probably parliamentary action needs to be carried out. Or get Davina on the case!!!

Jules

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2024, 12:46:07 PM »

Agree with Hurdity, I think it’s unbelievable how differently women are treated up and down the country, for essentially the same procedure.

I’ve had two endometrial biopsies and two hysteroscopy’s in the past. All of them were painless and quick. Pads were available and nice staff to talk you through it all.

Leaflets sent through beforehand and aftercare spoken about. Alternative painkillers were mentioned in case paracetamol and ibroprufen were not tolerated or able to be taken.

I’m in the north west and can’t fault any women’s health care I’ve received in the past.

How to make this universal? Probably parliamentary action needs to be carried out. Or get Davina on the case!!!
I'm in the North West too. There was a parliamentary debate last year so already in the system. A third 9f women experience severe pain, some don't feel anything.  Advising to take run of the mill analgesics isn't enough for some women.

Nas

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2024, 04:48:46 PM »

Fair point re: pain relief. There should definitely be options available to all women. These are invasive procedures, which create vulnerability; the last thing women want, is to be in pain.

Not sure what the answer is, but something needs to be done, as experiences are ranging from
barbaric, to quick and painless and that isn’t on. 

Jules

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2024, 09:09:04 AM »

Fair point re: pain relief. There should definitely be options available to all women. These are invasive procedures, which create vulnerability; the last thing women want, is to be in pain.

Not sure what the answer is, but something needs to be done, as experiences are ranging from
barbaric, to quick and painless and that isn’t on.
Hopefully the minister my MP has contacted, will give an update on the status of things.
Pages: 1 [2]