Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Head pressure, lightheaded, jittery  (Read 396 times)

Asher

• First Flush
Head pressure, lightheaded, jittery
« on: May 03, 2024, 07:30:10 PM »

Hi I’m new to this forum but not new to menopause, I’m 50 and have been going through this hell for 10 years now , been on hrt for 7 years at varying doses , it helps the night sweats but not a great deal more , what I struggle the most with is head pressure like a vague headache, heavy fuzzy feeling, and lightheaded hard to describe, almost like I’m drunk it comes in phases and can last months just horrible, debilitating and stops me enjoying anything.
Anybody else have similar and found anything to help ?
Had every test going all is normal, no dose of hrt makes a difference, actually thinking of just quitting hrt and see if that’s making it worse after 7 years I’m not really feeling any benefits.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Head pressure, lightheaded, jittery
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 07:35:18 PM »

:welcomemm:  my head feels fuzzy a lot and I don't take HRT.  Why did you begin HRT initially?

A drop in oestrogen may cause a feeling of light headedness. 

Asher

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 07:54:57 PM »

Hi CLKD, thank you so much for your reply, I guess I could have this annoying symptom without hrt it may not be side effects.
I initially started hrt due to an early menopause my gp referred me to a gynaecologist and he said due to my young age ( under 45 ) I was post menopause at age 43 ,hrt was vital for my wellbeing under the normal age of menopause he said I was at risk of osteoporosis, and should take hrt at least until the so called average age of menopause at 50/52 but he said I could stay on it forever if it suits.
My first symptoms were hot flushes and severe anxiety, but I’ve had a million other symptoms even on hrt , I know it’s not a cure all but thought I’d feel better than this .
This drunk feeling is just horrible ☹️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 08:01:20 PM »

I believe that some ladies use 'stugeron' from the GP to ease those woozy feelings . 

MayB list your symptoms, I am sure that many will be familiar to Forum members.  It mayB that you require a hike or a different regime.

CrispyChick

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 08:02:30 PM »

Hey, I think I share this same symptom.

I'd describe if as a woozy wooshing feeling in my head. It's horrible. Often I get motion sickness and a poisioned feeling. I'm still peri and I think it's the estrogen spikes for me.

But the woozy vile head feeling can be separate. It's horrid.

Sounds quite similar to what you describe.

That's interesting that you're post meno and on hrt. Maybe try reducing rather than stopping???

Asher

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 08:39:15 PM »

Thanks CLKD , will ask my GP about the sturgeon tablets.

Hi crispychick, thank you so much for your reply although I wish no one else had to suffer this symptom it is a comfort that someone else understands it , yes you describe it so much better than me it is a woozy whooshing type feeling and I can feel so sick at times with it, absolutely horrible, sometimes I just have to lie down.
I honestly thought being post meno my symptoms would calm down and the hrt would just give me a steady dose , but all my symptoms come in phases one calms down another comes back again, so sick of the rollercoaster, literally feel like I’m stuck in a perimenopause type state could this be the hrt causing it .
I think I’m going to reduce my dose and see what happens, thanks for your reply I feel less alone with this weird head symptom. X

AngelaH

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 10:19:08 PM »

I honestly thought being post meno my symptoms would calm down and the hrt would just give me a steady dose , but all my symptoms come in phases one calms down another comes back again, so sick of the rollercoaster, literally feel like I’m stuck in a perimenopause type state could this be the hrt causing it .

I thought the same, but in reality one symptom goes and another comes. I developed horrible nausea and fatigue during post meno and it happened after my hot flashes and night sweats stopped. Such a relief! I had my night sleep back. But I didn’t enjoy it for long, then nausea with fatigue came, I wasn’t able to get out of bed in the morning. Post meno is really full of surprises.

I wasn’t on HRT that time, so in my case it was definitely my body made the changes. You can always stop HRT to check if it causes the symptoms.

merrygoround

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2024, 09:49:41 AM »

That is a familiar sounding symptom. I used to think my blood pressure being high caused it, then I got a machine and my BP can be normal when it happens.

There's the woozy whooshy feeling/sound in the head and when I turn my head it's as if I missed a bit of the view on the way around, like my vision cut out for a split second as I turned, but so quickly I never quite catch it doing it. Hard to explain all in all.

I'll get it during opiate withdrawal too, which is surprisingly similar to oestrogen withdrawal, to such an extent that I've helped a friend see what his wife is dealing with by describing it in terms he's familiar with. She's getting much more sympathy now he compares it to being without his gear,  ::)