Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Patches/Migraines/Poor sleep  (Read 619 times)

Khm

Patches/Migraines/Poor sleep
« on: May 03, 2024, 11:21:21 AM »

Getting frustrated with everything at the moment and not sure what to do next. 

I've been on HRT about 3 years, and currently on Evorel 25 plus Utrogestan50 after reducing the Evorel from 50 due to migraines nearly every day and especially waking up every morning with a bad head.  Migraines improved and I thought we'd cracked it as I had nothing for 3 weeks but slowly creeping in again and this week has been bad.  My sleep is awful, waking up at least 6 times every night if not more and that feels worse since we reduced the Evorel, maybe coincidence but not sure.  Really considering coming off everything to see what happens,

Any advice????????

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Patches/Migraines/Poor sleep
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 12:37:37 PM »

It mayB that the regime doesn't suit?  R U able to remember why you opted for HRT initially, which symptom were yo hoping to ease?

Migraines may become worse even without HRT during peri-menopause apparently.  Awful. 

Khm

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 02:08:25 PM »

Hi, yes HRT as i was getting major hot flushes, and not sleeping well as a result. Just thinking Evorel now so low and only slight hot spells at night so wondering whether I can do without.    Feel like i'm always at the doctor but may need to go back again  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 03:09:40 PM »

Let us know what you decide.