Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Returning to work  (Read 228 times)

shazzer1976

• First Flush
Returning to work
« on: May 01, 2024, 06:24:23 PM »

I’m returning to work on Friday after a four month hiatus. Not all of it was menopause related - some of it was family related. I had an occupational health report done about how the menopause was affecting me & suggested adjustments that could be put in place. I appreciate how supportive management has been so far. I have a meeting on Friday with two line managers - both men!!! Am I over sensitive but I would like a female colleague in there with me too! I have asked if I could bring a trusted female work colleague into the meeting. Looking forward to getting back but also feeling apprehensive about the whole thing!

Thanks in advance.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Returning to work
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 06:29:02 PM »

Good Luck!  Returning to work is sometimes difficult.

Make a list of your queries.  Ask whether there is a menopause 'plan' [not the word I'm searching for  :-\] policy mayB better.  U can take a lady with you who may sit back without much input for support.  Men need to learn too ;-)

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 07:44:53 PM »

No, you are not being over sensitive, two men, what could they possibly know unless they have partners going through menopause even then they wouldn't know diddly squat.
You must have a female sitting next to you at this meeting, even if they are the nicest of men!

I was attacked years ago on my way home from work and was interviewed in my managers office the next day with two male police officers present and my male manager, I was still in a state of shock but I regret to this day not having another female with me for support, it was a lesson learned.

Bungo

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 07:53:01 AM »

Interested in this..I have to go into the office one day a week. Was going in Mondays as the building was colder, however they're asking us all to go midweek now. It's intolerable during the winter months as open plan, heating on non stop. I invariably have a sinus headache and sore throat until the next day from the dry air and feel like fainting from the heat. As for focusing on work, forget it, I'm literally counting the hours until I can leave. At home I can't tolerate having heating on for more than 2 hours a day,even on the coldest days.. Have only a sheet on me at nighttime,even in winter.Am considering quitting as I'm unable to focus in the office mid week.