Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sleep 😴  (Read 845 times)

joziel

Re: Sleep 😴
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2024, 04:24:19 PM »

I would add though that insomnia creates cortisol, so testing cortisol and finding it high might not tell you the root cause. The high cortisol can be another result of not being able to sleep rather than the cause itself.

I think I'm going to need more estrogen and as I'm on 10 pumps am not looking forwards to that...

HellsBells

Re: Sleep 😴
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2024, 09:16:30 PM »

I could also sleep for England until the menopause. If I have to knock myself out in desperation I take paracetamol which makes me sleepy. Old fashioned antihistamines will do the trick if desperate.

A more permanent change which has really helped is taking a magnesium supplement. That took a bit longer but now really helps consistently.

Clary sage essential oil is a mild sedative. It calms and helps get to sleep but doesn't always keep me asleep. Once I wake up it can sometimes be tricky to get back.

Mind games to help me fall asleep: try to remember every square on the Monopoly board in order. Mental maths relating to something tangible (adding up how much I've spent on stuff for example) Sometimes I play 'if I won the lottery how would I spend it'. Include loads of detail and it sends you to sleep. Although it can be a bit depressing!
Pages: 1 [2]