Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Leg pains  (Read 366 times)

Jan1976

Leg pains
« on: April 28, 2024, 12:49:51 PM »

Hi all, I haven’t been on HRT now for a while due to doctors advise re breast cysts and have coped ok apart from getting aching pains In my leg.  I’m sure the pain is hormonal as comes and goes over the month but is like an aching pain and is getting me down.  Any advice welcome, I still have HRT patches and think might give them ago again to see if help as impossible to get a doctors appointment to see someone 🫣

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Leg pains
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 01:20:48 PM »

HI.  Which doctors made the suggestion?  Patches should be OK for women with breast conditions and if it's a GP advice, he/she should have referred you to a dedicated menopause clinic.

Have U tried pain relief when the symptoms hurt?  I cured my restless legs by eating bananas every day ........ and use 'nurofen' when necessary.  I can feel the lower legs 'drawing' all day, it becomes problematic in bed. 

Which HRT were you prescribed and how long have you not used it?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 02:24:38 PM »

If it's oestrogen deficiency I don't know of anything to cure it other than hrt. I've had breast cysts too but they didn't suggest stopping hrt except whilst waiting to be seen in case it was cancerous. They said some women are prone to them. If it was me I'd go back on hrt.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 02:50:08 PM by sheila99 »

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 02:45:02 PM »

Quality of Life is important

DottyD68

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 09:18:57 PM »

One of my first perimenopause symptoms 10 years ago was heavy aching thighs and thigh spasms/cramps. At the time I didn't know. I was working as a Personal Trainer at the time and I thought it could be overtraining, dehydration etc (and maybe that didn't help matters) but would come on randomly. I had blood tests, saw physios/osteopaths and noone could find a cause/reason. It was the main symptom that caused me to finally start HRT 7 years later as it started to really affect my life and confidence to do active things. It has been much better since I started HRT although I occassionally get a few days of achey legs.

Jan1976

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 10:06:20 PM »

Thank you for all your advice, it was my GP and doctor who drained my cysts who said advisable to stop HRT as could be causing them as had a few trips to get them drained.  I think will go back on HRT as like Dotty described it is heavy aching thighs, spasms/cramps that has been getting me down over the last few months, will be fine for weeks then hurt for a few days and go again on a cycle so sure it is due to low estrogen.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2024, 07:32:44 AM »

Cramp is commonly caused by not enough salt in the diet as well as dehydration.