Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Cotton wool head  (Read 261 times)

NikkiG

• First Flush
Cotton wool head
« on: April 25, 2024, 02:10:53 PM »

Hi

I'm new to the forum and have a question.

I'm 57 post meno for last two years and not on HRT.  Over the last six months have had a dizzy/lightheaded feeling continually.  I've had all the test Bloods/MRI/ECG etc. all normal which is great.  Also had checks for vertigo and labyrinthitis which GP says it isn't.  I did wonder if maybe it is lack of estrogen I have mentioned this to GP and she says maybe look at that after all the other tests.  Due to see her in two weeks again to discuss course of action but was wondering if anyone had had the same or can suggest anything.

I take Menopace (last 8 years), magnesium, Vitamin D and Turmeric everyday.

Don't really want to live with it long term any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cotton wool head
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 07:50:37 PM »

Can certainly be related to lowering oestrogen levels.  MayB take a list of symptoms to the next appt..

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes ;-).

I have a nerve at the back of my neck which sometimes when I move my head makes me go 'oh!' with a feeling of light headedness.  Also, how is your diet overall, R U hydrated enough?

Let us know how you get on.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 07:26:33 AM »

I agree with clkd,could definitely be lowering oestrogen.
For dizziness I take stugeron travel sickness tablets,recommended by my Dr,two of those 3 times a day do the trick quickly. Ask Drs advice first though

NikkiG

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 09:50:00 AM »

Thank you so much for replying.

CLKD my diet is good well most of the time :) and I drink loads of water and I pound that treadmill everyday for 40 minutes.  I do suffer with my neck and top of my back but GP doesn't think it is that.

Jaypo the GP gave me sickness tablets but they didn't work that's why she ruled out ear problems.

I'll just have to wait and see what she says at my next appointment.  Don't really want to go on HRT after having coped without it but if I have to, I have to, anything to stop me feeling woozy all the time.

Thank you again and I'll keep you posted.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 12:12:42 PM »

So U are hydrated - tick
Your GP doesn't think that the feelings are skeletal - I would suggest self referral to a physiotherapist to check gait and stance

Does the sensation interfere with daily living and are you aware in the night?  It could be that you require a different pillow?