Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Gepretix  (Read 294 times)

ifcatsruledtheworld

Gepretix
« on: April 24, 2024, 12:41:56 PM »

Hello. I hope this is the right place to post this. I know there were a couple of posts back in January about Gepretix. I wondered how other ladies that have been given Gepretix - that normally take Utrogestan - got on with it.  My pharmacy gave it me without any explanation when I went to pick up my last prescription. When I got home, I realised and looked up the ingredients and honestly wasn't worried. Realising it was just micronised progesterone, I assumed there would be no difference. However, I really think there is. It doesn't kick in within 40 minutes of taking it like Utrogestan does, which is ok in itself, but it leaves me feeling groggy and tired all of the next day. It's almost like it has a delayed sedative effect. I bite the capsules open so it isn't the hardness of the capsule that could be doing this. Could it be less 'micronised' and it's taking longer to effect me I wonder? So it's sedative effects are not present while I sleep, but whilst I am trying to work, the following day?

It seems illogical, I realise, there should be no difference. I just wondered what other people had found?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Gepretix
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 01:09:16 PM »

Can't help sorry.  Is it stronger than the 'utrogestan'?

ifcatsruledtheworld

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 01:59:06 PM »

Hello CLKD
No, just the same 100mg. I'm baffled hence me putting it out there to see if anyone else has noticed anything

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 03:42:56 PM »

Loving your 'handle' by the way  ;D

Hopefully some1 will be along with advice.  What did the other threads suggest about this product?

ifcatsruledtheworld

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 04:05:37 PM »

Thank you kindly :-) It might be good if they did

On the other threads, back from January, some ladies had reported that they found a difference. I think a couple had spotting and one felt tired, sleepy. I really wasn't worried about this stuff. When I went from Evorel patches to Estrogel due to supply problems it was a real positive for me. I just really feel like i am absorbing this Gepretix more slowly, and I don't know enough to know if there could be any possible pharmacological reason. Not a biggy though, I will go back to Utrogestan even if it is for my own peace of mind.

x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 04:46:58 PM »

Even if it's the same active ingredient in medications, the fillers or packaging may make absoroption etc. different.