Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Flare up again  (Read 447 times)

Calendula

Flare up again
« on: April 26, 2024, 10:57:07 AM »

Hi, I'm having a bad flare up with sore itchy vulva and labia. I've had a look this morning and was shocked to see one labia swollen with what looks like skinning, also they are both creamy white. I was on ovestin (nearly 1 Yr) until  a month ago when my perscription was changed to blissell by the chemist who says they can't send out ovestin !!! although my online perscription still says Ovestin. I've tried to get app but can't get in for 3 weeks. I've had the odd flare up but this one is awful. I also use yes gel which eases a bit but not enough. I'm thoroughly miserable :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Flare up again
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 12:00:58 PM »

U should't require an appt to see a GP about this.  Do ring the Surgery this afternoon and ask why this has been changed without a GP prescription, it's not up to pharmacists to alter those. There should be some discussion with patients B4 altering a prescription.

Ask for 'ovestin'.  I've had no problems getting it from my Surgery so it's 'out there'.  In the mean time try the Blissell or KY Jelly on the outer labia .  It mayB that the Chemist is out of product?

Don't wait over the weekend!   

Suziemc

Re: Flare up again
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 12:02:16 PM »

Hi. White patches could be a sign of Lichen Sclerosus, itching and soreness is another symptom. You def need to see your GP to get this diagnosed (or not!). If it is LS then steroid cream will be prescribed.

Whilst waiting on your Dr appt, join the Lichen Sclerosus UK Support Group for Women on FB. It's a fantastic supportive group and you'll pick up some great tips for soothing the area whilst waiting for a diagnosis.

Antihistamines can be helpful for the itching.

Suzie