Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why do I feel worse with higher oestrodial levels  (Read 1131 times)

Hollyboll

Re: Why do I feel worse with higher oestrodial levels
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2024, 05:17:10 PM »

Continuous progesterone can sometimes cause ongoing side effects - but not sure about pain, apart from headaches.

J

Ditto cyclical / intermittent progesterone is a 'fluctuation' each time you start and stop ...
xx

Hollyboll

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2024, 05:28:12 PM »

In terms of patch absorption:
- there's no exact equivalence eg between 4 pumps and 100 patches, because different people absorb different products differently
- they are supposed to last for 4 days, hence advice to change twice a week which for most people means every 3 + 4 or every 3.5 days
- plenty of women seem to get consistentish absorption through that time, and that will also depend on their own fluctuations, absorption etc
- plenty of women have a dropoff on day 4 ie after 3 full days.  So the leading meno consultant I'm very lucky to have ended up seeing recommends if you think you are having fluctuations that cause you problems, then change every 3 days.  That's a total pain as it means different days every week but probably lesser of 2 evils if you think you are having probs from fluctuations.
- most people have small fluctuations even if there's no endogenous and their absorption is good and consistent.  in the same way that when you test anything in bloods, it's unlikely to be an identical number every time.  It's big fluctuations that cause a problem - I learned all this the very hard way (mine on patches varied from almost 2000 to under 200 over a day or two) - though I'm not suggesting your fluctations need to be that huge to be problematic!
- as others have said, you need at least a couple of tests to know what's going on. 
- it's important to do those on the same 'patch' day each time.  consultant suggested morning after change night before was best.  That way you have an idea of any endogenous fluctuations too, by making your patch uptake a consistent factor. 
- for most people there may be a little dropoff towards the 'end' of a patch, less likely on day 3 than day 4, less likely to be fluctuations big enough to cause problems ... the only way to know though (once you've worked out endogenous fluctuations) is more blood tests.

Hope you keep feeling better
xx
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 06:20:12 PM by Hollyboll »

JoannFran

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2024, 06:11:08 PM »

Oh interesting. I'm not taking
any. Testosterone levels are 1.6, is that ok?
What are your levels since starting?

Ahhh, it's probably not the testosterone then.  Mine was 0.7 before starting.  It's now varies between 1.6 and 1.8 (i've had it tested a few times since being on it).  xxxx
Pages: 1 [2]