Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: VA and changes to vaginal/vulva structure  (Read 1039 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: VA and changes to vaginal/vulva structure
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2024, 03:53:35 PM »

I think that symptoms would have been bothersome long B4 6 years!  Have U had regular smear tests? 

Fusing should have been checked regularly by a GP/Nurse Practitioner or a Gynaecologist.  50 weeks is almost a year, if your GP is any way concerned then he/she should be pushing your appt forwards by ringing the Dept herself!  You should have been advised to contact the dept to offer yourself up for a cancellation appt. when a patient fails to show - if it's possible 4 U with your life style, of course. 

Get plenty of VA treatment regularly as it won't do any harm. 

buffy26

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2024, 11:25:17 AM »

CLKD
It does appear to have gone off on a bit of a tangent doesn’t it.  :o Thanks for the advice. I think major paranoia and anxiety has set in due to the fact that I was biopsied for LS over 6 years ago and told I didn’t have it, the fusion continued, and I’ve now been referred back to gynae (with a 50 week wait I might add), as she thinks it’s possible the negative LS result could have been wrong. Therefore if I’ve been walking round with LS for 6+ years it can increase the chances of vulval cancer! It’s put the fear of Christ up me I can tell you. Never had any other symptoms of LS other than the slow fusing over many years. I am thinking probably VA which hopefully will improve once I’ve been on the HRT patches for a few months. Thanks for your advice
Hi Ruby, sorry for taking over this thread, I was responding to CLKD's comments which ended up being several posts! I hope you manage to get some reassurance and guidance soon

Ruby2

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2024, 03:06:02 PM »

CLKD
I Did mention the changes to my GP a couple of years ago again and she didn’t seem too concerned. She just said to come back if any lumps appear. Why do you say fusing needs checking regularly? I can see from other peoples posts that this is also a common symptom of VA. Not sure whether to be worrying or not but I hoping the combination of HRT and continuous topical estrogen might improve things.

Ayesha

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2024, 03:44:41 PM »

I was at the chronic stage of VA, my vagina had a no entry sign impossible to enter, and the only thing that reversed that was Vagifem and Ovestin. Your GP is not concerned and if you are seeing improvements then it means the treatment is working for you.
Don't worry keep up with the treatment and you will be fine too but it takes time.
Pages: 1 [2]