News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Slynd  (Read 16981 times)

CrispyChick

Re: Slynd
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2024, 08:08:45 AM »

That's amazing. Thanks so much for replying.

You said earlier that your lucette pill didnt have enough E in it for you. So you switched from a 30mg combined pill to hrt - and find this better???

Thanks x

Redrocks

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2024, 01:03:35 PM »

Absolutely, yeah 👍

karab

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2024, 10:26:13 PM »

CrispyChick pointed out this thread to me; I just started Slynd and so far I love it.  I was on 200 mg progesterone nightly and having two periods a month and some other problematic sx.  I'm perimenopausal and am using it with .1125 estradiol patch.

I was scared to try Slynd because I had read some negative reviews, but they may have all been from younger people who had not yet begun perimenopause.

I am in the U.S. and it wasn't hard to get it; many online pharmacies here will prescribe it.  I think I am paying around $20 US for a pack here, with insurance.

Kara

Redrocks

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2024, 06:50:50 AM »

That's great news! I just wish the UK would be a bit quicker to catch up. It's available, but for only one website to sell it and alot of GPs being reluctant to prescribe it, I think is ridiculous and really frustrating.

karab

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2024, 07:32:16 AM »

I don't think very many people know about it here either; I've seen friends moved from progesterone to the mirena where's it's obviously not working great and slynd is never mentioned.  I'm not sure everyone knows the profile is significantly different than the previous progestin only birth control.  I really trust my clinician and she says it's great, and that most people feel better on it.

In case others are reading this post, I have read that people can be hungry or tired the first couple of weeks on Slynd.  I am definitely noticing I am eating more, nothing crazy, but overall I feel a lot better.

Interested to hear others' experiences over time.

Kara

karab

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2024, 03:36:48 AM »

Just bumping this post to see how others on Slynd are doing.  I have been taking it for over a month now and it feels much more even for me than the micronized progesterone, with far less bloating, and I think I have already lost weight.

I am having breakthrough bleeding that feels like my body trying to have a period however -- other PMS symptoms like joint pain, trouble sleeping, and hunger are present, so I am considering whether or not to take breaks when this happens, especially if it is not technically time for the inert pills.  My provider endorsed me taking the active pills continuously, or taking breaks from them to have a bleed, or taking half of a pill for a while to potentially support a bleed while minimizing sx.   

I have seen many have breakthrough bleeding in the first few months, and I wonder if I'm slowing my progression to no bleeds at all if I keep taking breaks from the active pills to promote bleeding and PMS resets.  What are others doing, if you are even having the breakthrough bleeding?

Kara

Redrocks

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2024, 08:27:33 AM »

I'd give it a bit more time to settle. At least 3 months.i take it continuously and had spotting after a month of starting for about a week but nothing since, and I'm just coming to the end of my third pack.
Pages: 1 [2]