Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Tried everything it seems  (Read 5751 times)

Sassy

• First Flush
Tried everything it seems
« on: April 03, 2024, 01:40:08 PM »

Please can anyone advise 🙏
I've tried gel and patches with utrogestan
Femseven conti
Evoral conti
And all give me horrendous hormonal headaches
I feel like my body is just rejecting HRT
But if I try to come off the depression kicks in
Are there any other alternatives left 🤔?
Like the lowest dose of a combination with a different kind of progesterone

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tried everything it seems
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 01:43:39 PM »

An Anti-depressant medication for 8-12 months?  It mayB that your hormones aren't relating to the moods.  We shouldn't blame everything on the menopause.  ::). Also, many react to the progesterone.

:welcomemm: browse round. Join in.  How old are U? what are your periods doing?  Did U have headaches during your regular cycles, they can become a nuisance in peri.

How long did U try each HRT regime for, as it can take 3-6 months B4 the body begins to settle.  Unless there has been surgical intervention, the body doesn't get where it is suddenly. 

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 01:45:47 PM »

What happens with oestrogen only? Obviously you can't do this long term but it will tell you if the problem is with oestrogen or the progestin (it's usually the progestin).
You could try provera, cyclogest or lutigest, the latter 2 are off licence for hrt in the UK so your gp may not prescribe.

joziel

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 08:49:14 PM »

Are you peri or post meno?

Have you tried sequential or continuous HRT? Did you notice any improvement without the progesterone? Is your problem with E or P?

And what dosages? Have you tried half a 25 patch? (12.5mcg?) If you are very sensitive to the E you might need to start very low and increase very very gradually.

Sassy

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 09:52:28 PM »

Hi so been on HRT for around 9 years I'm 59 !! Seem fine when I change infact feel great for 2 weeks then after about 2 months the headaches start about 2x weekly and are horrendous
Currently on Femseven conti
Did try oestrogen for a week on its own felt great !!
I feel like my body is rejecting it also joint pain and constant cold sores
Did try cutting patch in half but depression kicked in
Anxiety is worst problem too
Was wondering about femoston conti ?

Sassy

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 09:55:58 PM »

Oh sorry also tried utro vaginally and every other night now have thick womb too !! Joy !!

Sassy

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2024, 10:00:13 PM »

Lastly keep forgetting  ::) I'm post menopause and already on Nortrypline
I used to get headaches on my week free contraception pill days..Yasmin was horrendous ended up psyotic

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2024, 07:23:26 PM »

I was on Femoston Conti, but didn’t absorb the prog in it, had thickening of the womb lining, tests came back normal thank god.
I’m currently on gel and utro, but finding the side effects too much now after nearly 3 months.
I’m thinking of giving up and going it alone again. Think I’d rather that, than feel like this and poorly most of the time.
Good luck with what you go with next.
Xx

VioletAquarius

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2024, 08:52:15 PM »

What about looking into alternative methods?
Acupuncture and wild yam.  I've not tried either or know how good or recommended they are.

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2024, 09:20:37 AM »

Have a look at the Treatments tab from the menu which will tell you what is available. A week was perhaps too short a trial but if you felt good on oestrogen only then it's the progestin that needs changing.

joziel

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2024, 07:35:34 PM »

Have you considered a Mirena coil? It replaces the progestin part of HRT so you can forget about that completely. It keeps teh lining of the womb thin very effectively. It stops all bleeding for most women.

Whilst it does have a progestin in it, it is very low dose and localised to the uterus so most women don't have any side effects from it.

pepperminty

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2024, 06:38:23 AM »

Hi,

there are lots of regimes you could try. Femosten sequi or conti could be an option.  If you don't mind a bleed then you could do sequi ? The progesterone type is normally the problem for some, therefore sequi can give you an idea whether it is progesterone? There are options on the treatment tabs on the top of the page.  Give each combination at least 3 months as it can settle. Maybe start on the low dose and increase if needs be.

I hope you find a solution.

PMX

Lin

• First Flush
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2024, 07:23:02 AM »

Have you looked at your diet? Is it healthy or organic?

lillith112

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2024, 07:34:26 AM »

I tried lots of the different patches and gel, they all gave me horrific continual migraines. The only patch that doesn't is Estraderm, it's an older style patch. Might be worth a try, low dose 25, then work your way up, I was on MX75, but had to come off HRT last November for a blood test.