Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 1st proper missed period.  (Read 6339 times)

Lalb1

1st proper missed period.
« on: April 09, 2024, 02:56:53 PM »

Hi
So I've been on this forum for a good few years since perimenopause struck.
Over the last 8 or so years I've had many symptoms of perimenopause.
Mood swings, rage, fatigue, dizzy spells, vertigo,ear issues,bloating,back problems,sciatica, immense joint pain,nausea,pms off the scale,brain fog, food tolerance changes,sinus issues,mouth changes.
There's probably a lot lot more but I'm so forgetful lately too.
Over the course of this mad time my periods definitely changed. When I first started with all this I had horribly heavy long periods,painful flooding monthly issues.
This carried on for about 2 years, was given birth control etc.
But 2 years ago my periods changed again. They became a lot lighter, still in the sort of regular 24-31 days timescale. But the length of flow was actually shorter, and I only had 1 day that was heavyish.
Fast forward to this year my periods have become lighter again and although I still got the pains and bloating etc I sort of knew what to expect.
In February this year I ended up having a relationship with a partner I've known a long time. He has had a vasectomy..
I had a period 5 days after this happened and then 1 days spotting 5 days after my period ended.
Got to mid March and I realised I hadn't had a period at all in that month.
So I bought pregnancy tests just to be sure, I've now done 7 tests! All negative thank goodness.
But I'm now 52 days since that last period.

I'm 49 by the way.

Does this sound sort of normal..if there is such a thing in the whole menopause cycle.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 1st proper missed period.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 03:37:27 PM »

If U are really concerned about pregnancy then I advise birth control when necessary ;-)

It's The Change - does what is says on the tin.  My periods waxed and waned for several years in my late 40s  :-\, I knew what it was so wasn't bothered: especially as the dreadful clotting and excruciating pains had stopped.  Would miss several months, then back to cyclical.  Until they stopped.

Lalb1

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 04:00:48 PM »

;D
Having not been in a relationship for a good few years and not needing any birth control, I made a silly mistake with a spur of the moment event  ;D ;D
It won't happen again and like I say he has had a vasectomy but I was still panicking.

I am just not used to this horrible bloating feeling and like in going to get a period at any minute but nothing appears.

Guess it's a case of wait and see what happens in the next month or so.
Any suggestions for help with the bloating and constant period imminent feeling?

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 05:01:27 PM »

I wouldn't think it's your last period yet, you can go a few months without, then have one or two regular again, then nothing for months again. There's no rule really.
The bloating is usually before a period but if there's not enough hormones to kick start it then it can go on for a while until you start. That's how it for me for a couple of years.

CrispyChick

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 06:01:34 PM »

I'm not sure of the answer to your specific question. But your list of symptoms resonate with me  ;D unfortunately.

Have you found some have calmed down now your periods have charged???

I'm nearly 48. Struggling.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 06:40:36 PM »

May I giggle  ;D

I feel bloated often, by mid-afternoon and we haven't yet worked out why!  Not every day ....... but really awful.   >:(