Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Revised dosage for vaginal utrogestan  (Read 2158 times)

Elizabethlovejoy

Revised dosage for vaginal utrogestan
« on: March 21, 2024, 04:29:20 PM »

I have been a patient of Newson health for five years now. 68 and on 4 pumps of Oestrogel plus 50 ml androfemme daily. Up until this year I have taken the utrogestan vaginally every other night on the recommendation of Newson health. My uterine lining has remained well under 4mm so no problem there .( I had a scan as I had bleeding shown to be a cervical polyps which was removed)
However at my annual review this week I was advised they now recommend using utrogestan vaginally every night ie the same dosage as the oral regime. I cope well with utrogestan vaginally and get no side effects with this route so this is no problem for me. I just thought others might like to know. I know there was some controversy over the every other night regime and assume this is why it has been changed.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Revised dosage for vaginal utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 07:00:01 PM »

Who was the review with?  Is this a cost exercise or was there a specific reason given to you?  If it's not broke, why fix it ;-)

Elizabethlovejoy

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 08:55:20 PM »

The review was my annual review with a doctor from Newson Health
She simply said the recommendation now is to use utrogestan vaginally every night rather than every other night.
Presumably it is to provide better protection
I am happy to use this every night

Suziemc

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 07:35:24 AM »

Hi Elizabethlovejoy, from a fellow Newson patient  :)

This is going to sound really pedantic but there is an error in what you have put as your Androfeme dosage. It's 0.5ml or 5mg daily (not 50ml). Sorry to correct you but if any newcomers to testosterone search the forum for androfeme they might baulk at trying to rub in that much  :)

Hope your new regime suits you - I've got the Mirena coil so, fortunately, I don't use Utrogestan but good on Newson for changing their advice when new info comes to light.

Suzie

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024, 10:55:31 AM »

That's interesting, the BMS and Besins have always said the dose is the same regardless of delivery method. I wonder if they're finding people with thickened linings on the half dose regime?

Elizabethlovejoy

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 06:48:14 PM »

Hi Elizabethlovejoy, from a fellow Newson patient  :)

This is going to sound really pedantic but there is an error in what you have put as your Androfeme dosage. It's 0.5ml or 5mg daily (not 50ml). Sorry to correct you but if any newcomers to testosterone search the forum for androfeme they might baulk at trying to rub in that much  :

Suzie

You are absolutely right of course! Sorry! Elizabeth

« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 06:50:03 PM by Elizabethlovejoy »