Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Low Mood  (Read 12288 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Low Mood
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2024, 01:07:35 PM »

U may find that the local hospital would like more volunteers.  Our Council Offices have a dedicated volunteering bureau.  It's finding the energy to access these types of outside activities!  U R not alone.

sheila99

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2024, 03:07:05 PM »

Is the delay for hrt because you're waiting to have a coil fitted? If this is the case there are other forms of hrt you can use in the meantime. Have a look at Treatments from the Menu for everything that's available, there's no reason why your gp can't prescribe something for you now.

DDug

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2024, 03:48:42 PM »

Thanks so much ladies.  The dr has requested the mirena coil and I cant start estrogen until I have that.  I will keep at them.  I have help lines and will definitely reach out to MND.

There is a waiting list for the coil hence the wait. 

In terms of where I am at honestly I can barely focus then anxiety attacks have kept me housebound and I am struggling to work and concentrate or form sentences.  On Monday I have another appointment for a second blood pressure check and will keep pushing.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2024, 04:01:39 PM »

Do ask for anti-anxiety medication, a short course of Valium will give your brain breathing space and will allow you eat/drink.  3-5 days  of 5mg will really ease symptoms.

My GP prescribed 'propranolol' in 2002 which I took at night for many years ......... helped stave off the early morning anxiety surges which can be truly dreadful. 

Kazzy48

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2024, 11:07:08 AM »

:)Hi DDug, welcome to the forum. I am here if you need any help and support. I am the same age as you and trying to navigate my way through perimenopause too! I have horrendous moods at times along with many other symptoms. The longest I went without a period was 6 months -then for the past 3 months my periods have been every 42 days or so. It definitely helps to talk about difficult feelings with others going through the same thing.  :)x

DDug

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2024, 12:51:04 PM »

Thanks I will ask on Monday

DDug

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2024, 12:51:46 PM »

Thank you so much for all your kindness and support

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2024, 04:18:17 PM »