Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Oestrogen for oldies  (Read 8015 times)

Jenny j

Re: Oestrogen for oldies
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2024, 07:47:25 AM »

I am 64 and on a low dose of 25 I wish I could go to a higher dose as  I was on before but unfortunately I became ill in 2022 and developed blood clots and was taken off hrt for a while,I had a full hysterectomy so really need it but I think 25 is better than none at all.

Joaniepat

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2024, 08:36:00 AM »

I am 64 and on a low dose of 25 I wish I could go to a higher dose as  I was on before but unfortunately I became ill in 2022 and developed blood clots and was taken off hrt for a while,I had a full hysterectomy so really need it but I think 25 is better than none at all.
There is no increased risk of clots if you are using transdermal E, so you probably could increase your dose.
JP x

Pippa52

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2024, 04:20:26 PM »

I have been on Oestrogen only HRT since my hysterectomy when I was 42 - I am now 71 and have no intention of stopping it.  I am on Estradot patches - one and a half of a 37.5 patch but I change them every 2 days as they do not last for 3/4 days for me personally x

sheila99

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2024, 05:43:12 PM »

As above, a transdermal patch doesn't carry any in blood clots so there's no reason you can't increase.

jaydee

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2024, 04:51:36 PM »

I’ll be 70 in May and on 2 pumps of oestrogel and 200 utrogestan for 14 days.  Been on HRT since I was 42 years and from the age of 42 til 54 I was taking trisequens forte or something like that which was banned when all the talk of HRT causing breast cancer was on the go.  No intention of reducing yet.

Indigowings

• First Flush
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2024, 07:32:46 PM »

Hi ladies, thanks.
I WAS hoping for a slightly flatter stomach…but no dice. Although I think I feel more energetic and less…rusty…
But my main concern is bone health. I’m told I’m losing bone from my jaw and I will have to get a few implants soon.
I’m on one pump of Oestrogel a day, plus progesterone. I’m wondering if going to two would be helpful.
My doctor knows nothing about the subject.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2024, 09:54:15 PM »

Indigowings: [love it ] Who has told U that you are losing bone from the jaw and why suggestion of implants  :-\

I have had 3.  No need for added bone to secure the implants, fortunately.  However, after 9 years the lower L became infected underneath with bone loss even though I use Tipee thingies: so off came the 'tooth' after which 3 months of weekly clearing out, X-rays etc.; back went the 'tooth'  ::).  The reason that I opted for implants is that like all bones, the jaw requires pressure to keep it healthy, i.e. eating and cleaning regularly.  I felt that a) I was too young for a plate  >:( and b) that implants would keep the bone as healthy as is possible with the risk of receding gums = teeth dropping out  :o

Let us know how you get on?  'rusty' - that's a GREAT description  :thankyou:

Jules

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2024, 10:04:46 PM »

Ive had tooth problems this last year and was told I had lost some bone. The dentist told me it's normal with aging and or if you arent cleaning your teeth properly. I use those little brushes too. Is there any bodily thing I am not having to attend to daily ! I need 2 extra hours a day

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2024, 10:07:26 PM »

It's known as 'being long in the tooth'  ;)

Does that mean Jules that you need to get up a lot earlier  ;D.  I had my feet and hands 'done' last week: eyebrows next.  My chin needs attention at least twice a day.   ::)

I never show my legs so no need to razor those ........

Jules

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2024, 11:21:21 PM »

it definitely takes me longer to groom myself. I used to get ready to go out and slap a bit of makeup on in 15 minutes. And the same at bedtime doing the skin care routine, teeth, and of course estrogen stuff

suzysunday

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2024, 09:17:33 AM »

Jules:  me too.  Seems to take forever for me to get presentable to leave the house!

sheila99

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2024, 11:01:47 AM »

Hi ladies, thanks.
I WAS hoping for a slightly flatter stomach…but no dice. Although I think I feel more energetic and less…rusty…
But my main concern is bone health. I’m told I’m losing bone from my jaw and I will have to get a few implants soon.
I’m on one pump of Oestrogel a day, plus progesterone. I’m wondering if going to two would be helpful.
My doctor knows nothing about the subject.
I'm pretty sure you need 50 mg (2 pumps) for bone density.

Indigowings

• First Flush
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2024, 10:50:31 AM »

The dentist told me I’ve lost a lot of bone from my jaw. My dental hygiene is very good also, she says, and can’t explain the loss. I have some teeth that were damaged in a softball game when I was nine. I’ve spent my life babying them but looks like they are ready to be replaced. All my teeth are slightly lose, from bone loss I’m told.the teeth tha need implants are very loose, but I’m shire that’s from the softball strike at nine. To me they don’t seem to be getting worse, but they say they need to be replaced and that I’m losing a lot of bone in my jaw everywhere. Maybe they are just trying to sell me something…
Been on HRT for about two years. Late starting, I know, but I was hoping to stop the bone loss. I know I cannot regain the bone.
I just don’t want to get implants. It’s a slippery slope.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 11:00:33 AM by Indigowings »

Indigowings

• First Flush
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2024, 10:53:35 AM »

And yup… I’m very tired of all the maintenance I have to do.
I know I’m absorbing the HRT because when I started I had sore nipples. Maybe by now I’m used to it and will try two pumps as suggested.
Do I need to double the progesterone too? I’m taking about 100mg in a cream now.

Indigowings

• First Flush
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2024, 10:56:57 AM »

Also, sorry if this is TMI… but
I was also starting to get UTIs. Four in one year!  But I have had only had one since on HRT . So something has changed…
Pages: 1 [2] 3