Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Scared to take Antibiotics trimethoprin  (Read 3461 times)

Joaniepat

Re: Scared to take Antibiotics trimethoprin
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2023, 12:46:10 PM »

Cloudy urine is a symptom of a UTI. A full course of antibiotics for an acute UTI is normally 7 days. Failure to take the full course course for any condition can lead to the bacteria developing resistance.
JP x

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2023, 12:56:16 PM »

I agree with Joaniepat. Cloudy urine is definitely a sign of a UTI and not VA. I ignored this a few years ago (I'm inn my late sixties too)and went on to develop an upper UTI which meant I was on anibiotics for almost four months and had never felt so ill as it affected a kidney too. I can't stress enough that if she has been offered antibiotics then she should take them as she really doesn't want an upper infection leading to even more medication. As we get older there is usually no cystitis type pain with a UTI which is why they can be missed. I can appreciate your mum is scared but please try to persuade her

Taz x

B17Fan

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2023, 01:31:56 PM »

I read somewhere that cloudy urine isn't always a sign of a uti.

She had cloudy urine with blood in it earlier this year...treated with AB's...lab test came back clear

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2023, 02:13:59 PM »

I just felt that you should know what I experienced after I didn't follow advice.  :)

Microscopic blood in urine is common with VA. The ones to watch out for are nitrites and leukocytes. I buy the urine testing strips which are very useful to keep an eye on things. Has your mum got some?

Taz x
Pages: 1 [2]