Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxiety and duloxetine  (Read 3657 times)

Kathleen

Re: Anxiety and duloxetine
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2023, 07:04:31 PM »

Hello Dawn3129

I know what it is like to deal with anxiety and panic so you have my sympathy.

I recently contacted my surgery in the hope of seeing a doctor to discuss  my HRT and a possible change of AD.  A Nurse Practitioner replied and prescribed an increase in my existing AD. She asked that I try the new dose for a month and after that it may be possible for me to see a GP.

The above response made me think that NPs  only prescribe within a limited range of treatments as obviously they don't have the knowledge that a doctor has. When reassured that the my current AD had been prescribed by my doctor the nurse was happy to arrange a higher dose.

If you feel that you really want to see a doctor I suggest that you insist on a GP appointment instead of an NP.

Wishing you well.

K.

Dawn3129

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2023, 01:59:36 PM »

Thanks Kathleen. My no is really good but she always goes through the gp. I see him Friday. I just don't feel myself due to menopause but tue anxiety is horrendous x

Annaph

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2024, 05:20:27 PM »

Dear Dawn,

I’ve just started Duloxetine and am struggling to feel the benefits too. Did you keep going? I’m thinking of asking to switch to Venlafaxine.
I’ve been on 60mg for 7 weeks with only 4 days of feeling half normal and on 90mg for 4 days and feeling no different. When I started on it I dipped hugely and felt worse.

I hope you don’t mind me asking.

Thanks
Anna
Pages: 1 [2]