Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bloods worse but symptoms easing?  (Read 434 times)

Witchinghour

Bloods worse but symptoms easing?
« on: October 08, 2023, 07:50:11 PM »

Can anyone explain that to me?

My bloods are worse than they were 5 months ago but I've realised my hot flashes and night sweats have stopped?

This is all very new to me and I've got so many questions!

Tulip123

Re: Bloods worse but symptoms easing?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 09:35:08 PM »

Are you taking HRT?

In the beginning I had hot flashes, anxiety, hair breaking off & terrible intrusive thoughts but my periods were ok, so it wasn't obvious I was starting menopause.

I then started HRT and it took all those symptoms away but a year later, I am now having bleeding problems and terrible cramping pains and have a hospital appointment next week about it.

Some others on here might be able to advise better but I'm under the impression that other menopause symptoms may occur before period issues.

Are you having irregular/heavy/ painful periods?

Witchinghour

Re: Bloods worse but symptoms easing?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 07:29:50 AM »

Hi Tulip,

no, I'm not on HRT yet. My endocrinologist wanted to wait until my thyroid was sorted before starting me on HRT. I've had 2 lots of female hormone Day 3 checks done, 5 months apart. My oestrogen is lower than it was and FSH & LH are both higher than they were but my vasomotor symptoms have almost entirely receded. Others still remain, tinnitus, burning feet, vaginal dryness/atrophy, general weakness, lack of stamina, irregular but very light periods, zero libido etc etc