Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: How am I going to do this ??  (Read 17067 times)

Kathleen

Re: How am I going to do this ??
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2023, 04:43:02 PM »

Hello Nas

I am so sorry that you are in this position but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your operation is soon.
If you are concerned about staying on a full patch could you reduce the dose a little by cutting it while you wait? Apologies if this isn't helpful but it could be a compromise solution until you have your hysterectomy.

Whatever you decide I wish you well and sending hugs.

K.

Dotty

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2023, 05:16:31 PM »

https://www.balance-menopause.com/menopause-library/do-i-need-to-stop-hrt-before-surgery-factsheet/

Advice from Dr Newson says you don’t need to stop transdermal hrt for an operation.

Summer-sky

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2023, 06:06:07 PM »

Hi Nas,
Perhaps there is a cut off for the size of fibroid in regards to whether you can have a laparoscopic hysterectomy vs abdominal hysterectomy so that might be a factor on why the gynae is saying you need to stop taking HRT.  Of course its all do-able having an abdominal hyster but recovery is much faster when done by laparoscopy if you can. Did the gynae give any indication on what kind of hyster it would be and any timeline for 'imminent'?  If it's around the corner -  a matter of a few weeks then personally I would just taper it down. x

Gnatty

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2023, 06:39:24 PM »

Yes to be fair it does depend on the waiting time. I paid to go privately so was only waiting three weeks - the fibroid wasn't going to grow much in that time period - and it was already too big for anything other than abdominal surgery.

Wrensong

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2023, 07:42:45 PM »

Nas, sorry late catching up with your news, but pleased to know the hysterectomy you were hoping for is now in the pipeline.  Hysterectomy has been the only major op I was not told to stop HRT for, despite arguing the case prior to the others for transdermal oestrogen's neutral effect on clotting.  For the hysterectomy I was pleasantly surprised that it was expressly stated to continue with HRT, but my gynae is very clued up on all things menopause.  I agree with the other ladies though that there may be another reason you've been asked to stop - perhaps preventing a further increase in the size of the fibroid & uterus, so I think you'd be wise to ask the gynae asap.  I wish you all the very best with it & hope it will be soon.
Wx

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2023, 07:54:24 AM »

Hi Nas

I can't add anything to what others have said and although I haven't been on the forum much recently I do remember some of your story and the difficulties and pain youhave been having as you struggle to find the right HRT.

Wishing you all the best for your forthcoming op which I hope happens soon and for a speedy recovery back to health and normality, with the help of oestrogen!

Hurdity x

Nas

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2023, 09:13:52 AM »

Thanks all.
I haven’t stopped the HRT, just reduced.

Ct scan tomorrow, of chest, lungs  and abdomen. Looks like the fibroid may be sinister.

Hoping hysterectomy will be soon!

Penguin

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2023, 09:39:29 AM »

Thanks all.
I haven’t stopped the HRT, just reduced.

Ct scan tomorrow, of chest, lungs  and abdomen. Looks like the fibroid may be sinister.

Hoping hysterectomy will be soon!

Oh gosh Nas,  I hope it isn't. What makes you think it is, did the biopsy show something? I have everything crossed for you that's its benign and the hysterectomy is quick!!! X

Kathleen

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2023, 09:44:57 AM »

Hello again Nas.

Hopefully your CT scan tomorrow will bring reassuring news.

I will be thinking of you and please let us know how you get on.

Wishing you well and sending hugs.

K.

Nas

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2023, 09:59:41 AM »

Thanks ladies.
Yes, unfortunately I was called into the hospital a week or so ago. They wanted to share the mri results. It makes grim viewing ( and reading !)

It has grown significantly.
The features I’m told, are typical of a malignant, rather than a benign growth. I have been assigned a “ support nurse” also.

So, tomorrow a CT, then I’m hoping my case is discussed during Fridays multi disciplinary meeting and they give me a date  for a hysterectomy. I simply cannot have this thing growing inside of me a minute longer.  :'(

Wrensong

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2023, 10:02:46 AM »

So sorry to hear of this worry Nas.  Everything crossed for you for tomorrow.  Will be thinking of you.
Wx

Penguin

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2023, 10:05:25 AM »

Oh jeez, I'm so sorry to hear that. Totally agree, get it out ASAP and at least things seem to be moving without delays now. Hopefully it's contained to the fibroid so once its out it'll be all out. I think that often happens with uterine things doesn't it. And ovaries gone will also mean no more estrogen to fuel any further hormone related growths. I have no experience to back this up, but I'm rooting for you and wishing you well xx

Nas

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2023, 10:05:50 AM »

Thanks Wren x

Nas

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2023, 10:10:59 AM »

That’s my hope penguin, that it’s  contained within the fibroid. 

There is fluid on my lung and I’ve a raised Ca125. I’m aware what this can mean, but I also know that these can be attributed to other things.

Just want it all sorted now.

I have no motivation to go to work either , just can’t focus.

:-\ X

discogirl

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2023, 10:11:22 AM »

Just to let you know that im thinking of you. You will fear much better once you've had your hysterectomy.

take care xxx

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18