Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: First month of Evorel Sequi  (Read 2716 times)

Peary2

First month of Evorel Sequi
« on: June 28, 2023, 07:43:00 AM »

Hello everyone - so just switched onto the 3rd week of patches... WTF has just happened? The lovely squishy side effects and changes I've experienced in week 1 & 2 have evaporated and I'm back to where I started with additional dizziness and aches. Am I still settling in? I really don't like this feeling. Even the brain fog is back worse than before. I have to drive on a motorway for part of my journey today and my focus kept drifting . Does this settle down?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: First month of Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 08:09:23 AM »

R U able to tell us which regime U are on? 

Side effects can be difficult initially.  Hopefully someone will be along with advice.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 08:37:05 AM »

Does it correspond with the change from the evorel 50 to the evorel conti patches? It might be that the progestin in it doesn't agree with you.

Peary2

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2023, 10:31:57 AM »

Does it correspond with the change from the evorel 50 to the evorel conti patches? It might be that the progestin in it doesn't agree with you.

Hi. My nurse was v sympathetic but didn't warn me of anything to look for. I'll go Google reactions to progestin and see what it says. Thanks so much

SarahT

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2023, 01:30:35 PM »

Hey Poppy,

You sound angry and frustrated and  I get that. I am almost a year in, on 125 estradot and coil. Not so much for staving off age related problems but to control hormonal symptoms. I am 56 and still get monthly periods ( no bleeds as such, as on coil ) but am attempting to suppress ovulation to improve cyclical moods swings from pms and pmdd symptoms.

There are several older forum members, who are still getting periods. Mine are very regular, no erratic changes we are told will happen.

Like you I do not feel all professionals know a definitive knowledge   about peri\meno so we get told different things and try different regimes..sometimes I cannot see and end. One year on an still feel worse in many respects. Frustrating doesn't come close....

Have you looked at the alternative thread for women who do not all use hrt? Maybe ways to protect your body without hrt???

Wish you well. And I LOVE capitals in a post.😁

SarahT

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2023, 02:24:32 PM »

Sorry Peary,

My apologies. Having a self rant and didn't have the decency to reply to you.

I think many of us experience ups and downs as we try to find the most suitable hrt regime. It is recommended that 3 months is the minimum to give each change or indeed  start of hrt. Our bodies need to adjust. Also are you peri? Again, Our own natural cycles fluctuate throughout the month and this can also affect the hoped for stability once we add hrt hormones into the mix along with our existing hormones.

Early days,  but I think not unusual to feel how and downs I certainly did, and still do it I alter my regime.

I wish you well x

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2023, 09:15:18 AM »

Hello ladies.

I completely understand how frustrating this whole process is.

I have also found very little consensus and when medics contradict each other my confidence in all of them evaporates.

Inevitably we are left to experiment on our own but fortunately sites like this one mean that we can learn from each other and offer help and support when needed.

Take care ladies.

K.

Peary2

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2023, 09:18:18 AM »

A lot of women find themselves wondering if the good effects during weeks 1 and 2 justify the nightmare that is often weeks 3 and 4.

I'm not sure myself. I warned them at the very start I don't tolerate progesterone, not even my own during pregnancy or PMS, it makes me suicidal. I felt I was patronised about the correlation, immediately. There just isn't any pausing for breath before telling a woman she doesn't know what she feels, it's so ingrained culturally.

I took what I was given, at first that was Evorel Conti, then Evorel 50 & provera and then Evorel 50 & utrogestan orally, now Estradot50 & utrogestan vaginally.

At this point I've left behind the HRT clinic and their slower than slow approach. In more than a year I only got to try the first two combos and both were utter disasters. They wanted me to try femoston 1/10 next, but I don't want tablets if patches and utrogestan are safer so I just asked the GP for Estradot & utrogestan and implied the HRT clinic supported me in trialling them.

I really hate taking hormones at all, but this is the best way to prevent age related illness in a woman, isn't it?

It depends who you talk to, they don't really care enough about older women to find out for sure.

In my menopausal journey so far (I'm 55 with regular periods) the only thing certain is they haven't a clue. There is no consensus on ANY OF IT. (apologies to those who get offended by capital letters in a post  ::), it's to make it stand out, not to deafen you)

It's very frustrating because so many of them mean well, but when the blind lead the blind we all go around in circles.
Every experience is valid, it seems it's what we have to rely on in the absence of reliable research. Thank you so much, I too hate taking hormones and tried to avoid them until I felt I really needed them. I'm keeping an eye on my symptoms. Give it 2 months they said... so I guess I will. Really appreciate your comment, thank you

Clair3

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2023, 05:08:04 PM »

I’ve just started week 5 of evorel sequi. It’s been great but the past week I’ve been having spells where it feels like my sugar has dropped. I will have to start writing down as it’s hard to know now what is me and what is the meno or hrt side effects