Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newer prescriptions - Addyi and Veozah  (Read 4098 times)

solidgrounds

Newer prescriptions - Addyi and Veozah
« on: April 11, 2024, 10:22:17 PM »

I’d be interested to hear about people’s experiences with Addyi and with Veozah - pros and cons and any unexpected findings - and how you might have been feeling when taking either of these medications?
Many thanks :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newer prescriptions - Addyi and Veozah
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 11:19:30 AM »

R U able to tell us more about each product?

solidgrounds

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 04:34:49 AM »

Veozah/Veoza (fezolinetant) is a non-hormonal prescription that helps prevent hot flushes by acting directly on the brain. It works by blocking a brain protein called neurokinin-3 that plays a unique role in regulating body temperature in menopausal women. Fezolinetant’s safety and efficacy in women over the age of 65 hasn’t been studied sufficiently although I hope this will change in the future.
Addyi (fibanserin) is a prescription to treat decreased sexual desire in some women - HSDD (hypoactive sexual desire disorder) - who haven’t gone through menopause (i.e. not for post-menopausal women although it can be (and is) prescribed off-label for those women).

I assume, perhaps, that not so many women who access these Menopause Matter Forums are actually using these particular prescriptions although it would be interesting to hear about their experiences if they are doing! Many thanks and hope this helps?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 04:47:34 AM by solidgrounds »

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 08:00:11 AM »

Fezolinetant looks very promising although not yet prescribable on the NHS. Is Addyi available now in the UK?

Taz x

Nas

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 10:07:26 AM »

I am taking Veoza. Have been on it just a few days, but the sweating at night seems to have calmed. I say that loosely, as anything can happen with my body!

I paid privately, wait for it.. a whopping £62, which includes pharmacy prescription fees. However, if works I will be taking it until it becomes available on the NHS.

CrispyChick

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2024, 03:35:38 PM »

That's really interesting Nas.

I see superdrug are offering it for £99 a month. Ridic.

Nas

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2024, 05:14:48 PM »

Yes’ Crispy, a bit of a rip off me thinks. £62 is enough!  :o