Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 'lump' in throat  (Read 8338 times)

Glitterbox

• First Flush
'lump' in throat
« on: September 03, 2023, 01:49:20 PM »

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. Am in my post menopause ( I think), had my last period in 2018. I had the hot flushes and joint pain ( they are gone, thanks to my acupuncture)
But another symptoms have turned up, and the last one is feeling like I have lump in my throat. Anybody have any experience with that? Will it go away? Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated  :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 02:54:44 PM by Glitterbox »

jaypo

Re: 'lump' in throat
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 02:45:27 PM »

Hi there & welcome to the forum, I get this feeling of a lump in my throat,it could be silent reflux,or GERD or even anxiety can cause it x

Glitterbox

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 03:30:07 PM »

Thanks  :) It's so much to learn about the menopause, and all the symptoms makes me just overwhelmed. I am getting acepuncture every 2 weeks, and it seems like that is helping me a lot ( I don't have hot flushes anymore, which is a relief)

Glitterbox

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 03:32:19 PM »

What is Gerd btw?

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2023, 03:54:51 PM »

Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) occurs when stomach acid repeatedly flows back into the tube connecting your mouth and stomach (esophagus).

I think you would know if you had this, it's horrible heartburn and acid in your throat after eating. It can happen at night when you're asleep.

I had the mystery lump in the throat years ago during peri menopause and had a camera down my throat to check it out. Everything was fine and was put down to anxiety. It's similar to the lump in the throat when you are going to cry and feeling very emotional but there most of the time.

Glitterbox

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2023, 04:27:47 PM »

Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) occurs when stomach acid repeatedly flows back into the tube connecting your mouth and stomach (esophagus).

I think you would know if you had this, it's horrible heartburn and acid in your throat after eating. It can happen at night when you're asleep.

I had the mystery lump in the throat years ago during peri menopause and had a camera down my throat to check it out. Everything was fine and was put down to anxiety. It's similar to the lump in the throat when you are going to cry and feeling very emotional but there most of the time.
[/quot

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate that. Can I just ask, did the feeling of the lump dissappear?

DottyD68

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2023, 05:55:02 PM »

Check out globus sensation. It is related to anxiety. Hopefully it is that.

(Sorry for short reply - in middle of cooking!)  :)

Glitterbox

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2023, 06:11:25 PM »

Thanks for the reply Dotty. I will definitely check that.

Enjoy the food :)

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2023, 06:54:05 PM »

Sadly during meno,there are so many different issues,some you probably wouldn't even put down to menopause,one is a dripping nose,which in turn can cause  glut in the throat,this is something else that could cause a lump feeling.If in any doubt at all,go to your Dr but I'm pretty certain it's nothing to worry about  :)

Glitterbox

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2023, 07:27:25 PM »

Yes, I am trying to get on top of all the symptoms, it's so many of them. It driving me nuts to say it mildly ::) So far I haven't had a dripping nose. My biggest issue is this lump feeling, it's coming and going.

Cara999

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2023, 09:11:18 PM »

I had this a few months ago, it drove me mad, it lasted about 6 weeks then disappeared on its own. So strange xx

Dierdre

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2023, 09:31:06 PM »

[/quot

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate that. Can I just ask, did the feeling of the lump dissappear?

Yes, once I realised it wasn't anything serious and stoped worrying it went.

Glitterbox

• First Flush
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2023, 07:00:44 AM »

I had this a few months ago, it drove me mad, it lasted about 6 weeks then disappeared on its own. So strange xx

So happy that it disappeared x

jaypo

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2023, 07:22:17 AM »

It really is quite common,if you go to your Dr,they will check you out.The more we meno ladies worry about something the worse it gets  :(

Shorty Pants

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2023, 09:13:56 AM »

Possible causes of 'lump in throat' sensation could be thyroid, GERD, or also low ferritin.  Look up 'low iron without anaemia'.  Best to get some bloods run with your GP.  I had this and whilst I do have a couple of small nodules on my thyroid, it turns out my ferritin was low (even though in range) and this feeling disappeared after starting iron supplements.  Best not to supplement iron without having the bloods done first, as too much iron can be a bad thing too!  :)
Pages: [1] 2