Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Cats  (Read 23575 times)

SarahT

Re: Cats
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2023, 01:22:21 PM »

Mostly on top so he doesn't miss what's going on. ( i.e third breakfasts) but he does go under if it's really cold. You know you are in a cat household if there's a fur covered  rug on the kitchen table and random cardboard boxes dotted about because of course they wouldn't use an actual cat bed...

Penguin

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2023, 01:30:54 PM »

Mostly on top so he doesn't miss what's going on. ( i.e third breakfasts) but he does go under if it's really cold. You know you are in a cat household if there's a fur covered  rug on the kitchen table and random cardboard boxes dotted about because of course they wouldn't use an actual cat bed...

Third breakfast??? That seems to imply he had a second? He's doing better than my puppy, who still gets lunch if we're home and a roast dinner topper on a Sunday!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2023, 02:40:39 PM »

The cat next door had several breakfasts after his owner fed him at 6.30 a.m.  He would then wander down the street and through all the cat flaps checking bowls, B4 back to us telling me that he was hungry  ::) and yes, he got fed  ;D

My small cat would crawl into the duvet cover when it was empty or full ........ again, that small lump breathing up and down  :-*

Penguin

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2023, 03:02:39 PM »

The cat next door had several breakfasts after his owner fed him at 6.30 a.m.  He would then wander down the street and through all the cat flaps checking bowls, B4 back to us telling me that he was hungry  ::) and yes, he got fed  ;D

My small cat would crawl into the duvet cover when it was empty or full ........ again, that small lump breathing up and down  :-*

That is soooo cute. I loved my cats in London. They were indoor cats. Had one until she was 21, amazing really.

SarahT

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2023, 03:10:20 PM »

Yes our boy says several breakfasts, just in our home I add, whilst our little female prefers just the one and then biscuits as and when. We know never to ignore that pointed hungry state they give us, it's relentless so we obey as per their demand!

A friends cat used to two time her. She was her own cat sitting in someone else's house once and complained he came home smelling of 'some tarts perfume!'

Katherine

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2023, 07:59:13 AM »

I’ve taught mine to come to me and meow at dinner time when she’s hungry which is really cute but this has led to dinner time getting earlier and earlier in the day! I love it when she ‘talks’ to me though. She understands certain words like ‘biscuits’. I sometimes wonder though how so many people can afford 3 cats, every cat owner seems to have at least 2. One is enough for me though, bless her little purry heart.

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2023, 08:42:23 AM »

Ours were kept indoors so we started off with 2: then another adopted us  ;D

Katherine

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2023, 10:36:15 AM »

What happened CLKD, did she keep coming to your house?

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2023, 11:41:05 AM »

We moved here with a quarter-bred Siamese [male] and a farm moggy, she was a gentle, sweetie: the Siam was quite simply, clumsy  ;D.  At the time there was a gap under the garage door and we believe that the stray [male] had been 'discussing' arrangements here  :D.  He was kept in a tea crate initially outside the back door, being his free self.  Then he moved in during a particularly snowy few days  8).  And stayed.  However, the 2 boys had to be kept apart, fortunately our house is designed in a T so doors can be kept shut when necessary.

Katherine

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2023, 11:56:52 AM »

Oh bless, I think cats know who the 'cat people' are  :)

SarahT

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2023, 01:36:20 PM »

Katherine a word of warning with cats getting used to a definite food time.... The clocks change and it all goes to pot! Take a me at least a week to stop saying ' but what's the real time?'
She sounds so much more clever than our boy. He is 8 and either a) doesn't recognise his own name or b) more likely- just plain ignores us!

I dread the thoughts of us coming across a needy stray as we couldn't resist a sad little soul. In the years we have rescued dogs, cats, swans, jackdaws,
Horses... They do 100% know animal people and we can never not help. We had a white body is in our garden a few weeks ago, but try as we might we couldn't catch it. Hope it can fly free until the inevitable happens. There was also a peahen which turned up every year in a town car park. Liked crisps!

Katherine

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2023, 01:53:53 PM »

Sarah she is so clever, almost human like sometimes. When I'm cooking I'll turn around and she is sat looking at me with an almost human like expression, like she love me so much, and then she quickly looks away, as if she is trying to hide it. And once I was in bed really tired and I caught her looking at me as if really worried, again when she saw me looking she quickly looked away. In terms of meals there's no strict time, but dinner time has been gradually getting earlier! Same with my family about rescuing animals. I think they have all the same emotions as us, except guilt maybe  ;D

SarahT

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2023, 01:59:11 PM »

Oh bless her. They do pick up on our moods and emotions. 

Our boy cat sometimes forgets himself and goes all stupid and purry before remembering himself and running off doing that embarrassed paw kicking thing!

As humans we are trying to lose  some weight, and our meal times seem to be getting earlier too!

Katherine

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2023, 08:22:57 PM »

Sarah your boy cat sounds adorable! Isn’t it amazing how they have such different personalities! We’ve only ever had girl cats. I got a girl cat as I wanted one that would follow me round and be affectionate and that’s what I got. I was lying in bed this morning feeling rubbish and turned to look for her and she was lying there staring straight at me with such a wise knowing look, as if to say ‘I know how you feel, and I’m here, and you’re going to be fine.’
Wherever I am she is usually with me or watching me from a distance, unless she is having a nap.

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2023, 08:44:01 PM »

Even on my lap when I sat on the loo  :o like I was going to be there all day for her benefit  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9