Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Cats  (Read 23610 times)

Lesred

Re: Cats
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2023, 02:21:42 PM »

Oh gosh Cazikins just read your post and it made me laugh a lot

We have two black rescue cats Guinness and Murphy now 13, I’ve had cats all my life and wouldn’t be without them! Endless sources of amusement although lockdown was tricky as Murphy enjoyed my husbands zoom calls a little too much, every time a zoom call came through he was there on the desk blocking the view. Everyone got concerned if he didn’t make a meeting, he still races up to the office now and yowls outside the door if there’s a call going on! Weird boy!

Anyway great thread and light relief thanks Katherine  :)

Katherine

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2023, 04:33:21 PM »

Lesred I’m glad you like the thread. My cat is always trying to get on my desk but I won’t let her as she molts a lot and the fur stops my apple mouse working! She just wants to be as close to me as possible at all times , they do make us feel loved don’t they?

Lesred

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2023, 05:11:40 PM »

Ours are exactly the same but you’re soo right about the moulting, black fur everywhere, I wonder if we can make something out of it ….. ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2023, 05:29:28 PM »

Someone in our village used to spin dog hair ...........

Penguin

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2023, 05:35:18 PM »

My aunt used to collect the hair her dog mounted, and then when he died she used it as stuffing for a cushion. I never knew quite what to make of that 🙄

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2023, 05:38:37 PM »

A Girl after my own heart.  I've got hair combings from the cats somewhere as well as a small curl from the dog  :'(  8)

Lesred

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2023, 06:11:39 PM »

Aah a spinning wheel that’s what I need.. a cushion did cross my mind  ;D

Katherine

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2023, 06:38:19 PM »

I keep thinking I’ve got an eyelash in my eye or a hair off my head, but it turns out to be a cat hair. They get everywhere!

This morning I was sleeping on my side and my cat walked along the side of my body starting with my feet, she now thinks I’m a fence it seems  ;D

SarahT

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2023, 06:41:31 PM »

My husband somehow got cat for in a sealed wristwatch face!   How does that happen?

And Katherine, that's not a surprise. We all know cats do 100% all all over us. And we remain pathetically grateful for that fact!

Katherine

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2023, 07:13:05 PM »

Has anyone watched ‘Bohemian Catsody’ yet on YouTube? You will literally be on the floor in stitches.

SarahT I wasn’t impressed this morning as I really needed to sleep but in general I interpret everything she does a sign of her deep love and obsession for me!

SarahT

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2023, 07:30:04 PM »

On bless you for your naivety!  😹 But when they do those little chirpy greetings looking at you right in the eyes? That's got to be love.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2023, 07:36:35 PM »

Chirpping whilst running towards anyone with tail up  :-*

Katherine

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2023, 07:37:35 PM »

Ha ha Sarah you haven’t met my cat, she is obsessed with her Mummy!x

SarahT

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2023, 12:27:43 PM »

Mine has a different obsession...kI don't know how he does it,  but every time I need to change the bed linen I stealthily creep up the stairs, even avoiding the ones that creak,and strip the bed. That's fine. I even get the pillows in cases and the sheet down. But every single time I get to the out the duvet in the cover job, he launches himself out of nowhere like a Ninja, and attacks the duvet, the cover,and rolls  about, biting the cover before curling  himself up,.with the happiest of puree and sleeping for 10 hours straight.
Every time!

Penguin

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2023, 12:42:19 PM »

Oh that's brilliant,  what fun for him! Does he ever crawl in or under the duvet and sleep there? We had a cat that used to do thar, there'd just be this little hump that youd have to be careful not to sit on, so cute!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9