Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Severe health anxiety  (Read 2712 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Severe health anxiety
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2024, 12:56:02 PM »

??    :-\.  She says I've to wait for my pack of laxatives in the post, then I can go on their list for possible cancellations, but mostly it's only dead people who cancel these days.  :-\ ?? 'she' said *that*! ? ! ?

It's the waiting that gets to me with results etc..  Once I have a diagnosis/not I can cope as I'm doing something about it etc..

merrygoround

Re: Severe health anxiety
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2024, 02:36:40 AM »

Was the qFit requested by the GP?
Yes, I've had abdominal pain since December, started waking at 3am needing to poo, now I only get semi-liquid when I go and I just can't eat. I've other issues that cause those sort of symptoms and I have put it down to being on medication, that was why I was pestering my GP wanting to change meds, got tests instead.
??    :-\.  She says I've to wait for my pack of laxatives in the post, then I can go on their list for possible cancellations, but mostly it's only dead people who cancel these days.  :-\ ?? 'she' said *that*! ? ! ?
No, she didn't say all that. The woman in the booking office said I have to wait for the lax pack before being eligible for the cancellation list, the rest of the sentence isn't a quote from her. I took that from what the radiographer said on the same day, he was talking about the orthopaedics waiting lists.
His words to me were, "You put an 80 year old on an eight year waiting list and well, (pause), they're not all going to make it, are they?".
I replied, "I guess it's a way of clearing the waiting lists, just not a very good way".
Our conversation went on as he xrayed my knee and I told him about a relative of mine, put on the list for a knee replacement when the GP estimated the old one would last another five years. At that time the waiting list was about five years, it's longer now and he said eight.
I'll try and be um, more clear about the details?
Pages: 1 [2]