Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Covid again! Anyone else?  (Read 10676 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Covid again! Anyone else?
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2023, 11:40:59 AM »

How R U Taz?   We are pacing our activities.  And I'm sneezing again which is how I started with this phaff last time round  :-\  >:(

Taz2

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2023, 07:02:59 AM »

I hope the sneezing soon stops. I have an appointment at the doctor's tomorrow as I still have fatigue, breathless feelings and erratic heart stuff. I'm seeing a real GP instead of just a phone call! Can't believe it! Haven't had a face to face since 2021. I'll report back.  :)

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2023, 09:10:00 AM »

Oh I didn't want to hear that!  Long Covid is when symptoms continue after 12 weeks apparently.

:foryou:

CLKD

« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2023, 10:15:10 AM »

How did U get on Taz with that appt.?

Hugsneed1958

« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2023, 09:12:31 PM »

Hope you all get well soon. Me and husband just has our flu and 5th covid we ate 65. No side effects bit sore arm. But has anyone out there had symptoms of fuzzy muggy head sickly bit off balance. Iv had it on off 4 week. Dr gave antibiotics though sinus infection. Improved but seems to be back not as bad but head foggy.iv had covid twice not really ill .could ot be long covid. My ixegen level fine B.P. normal .who knows just a worry anxiety nut.this forum is great advice ladies thank you all .🤗

CLKD

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2023, 09:05:15 AM »

It isn't long covid.  It may be an inner ear infection.  How is your diet overall?  Does this occur at any particular time of day?  It could be postural vertigo though in my experience you WOULD know.

I've a nerve in the back of my neck which makes me feel 'off balance' when I move suddenly, an "OH" moment and it's gone.

Songbird

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2023, 11:10:28 AM »

🤔 Funnily enough, Hugsneed, I had a bit of a strange "off balance" feeling yesterday - quite unusual for me. I had my covid booster almost 2 weeks ago so didn't really relate it to that but who knows? It wasn't so much a lightheaded feeling but more "off balance" like you said.

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2023, 12:20:29 PM »

Drink more Girls!  Keep the body hydrated.

Songbird

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2023, 02:20:25 PM »

Dehydration? Could be, CLKD 🤔. I would say I drink about a litre of bottled water a day, couple of mugs of tea and one coffee (and cake of course). Wonder if that’s enough  :o

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2023, 03:58:19 PM »

What colour is your urine?  Also the kidneys withdraw liquid from foods too.  U R drinking plenty!   The '2 litres a day' is pushed by the bottled water Companies ;-)

Songbird

« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2023, 04:11:21 PM »

I did think I was drinking enough liquids. Don’t suffer from UTIs now (largely due to vaginal oestrogen 🙏).
On Jeremy Vine today the question was asked around whether free covid tests should be available again, given the uptick in cases. Who knows?🤷‍♀️

CLKD

« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2023, 04:44:37 PM »

However: people are being tested in Hospital where the 'statistics' are being gathered: do these people be admitted due to Covid symptoms or due to other conditions either as cold cases or emergencies?  This is never going to give a clear picture of how Covid is affecting the country!

Why should test kits be free ..........  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2023, 07:12:02 PM »

How did U get on Taz with that appt.?

The doctor was really thorough. He booked an ECG at the surgery for me the next day and sent me for blood tests. I asked for cholesterol to be included as  not had mine done since 2017. That's come back as raised at 5.9 so that's something to address. I've just been referred to cardiology as a precaution. Waiting for the other blood results now. Still feeling very tired but I think I'm better than I was! Three weeks left before it's called long covid which I've decided not to have.  ;D. Thank you for asking

Taz x  :)

CLKD

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2023, 07:27:53 PM »

I think medics like cholesterol to be 5.  Mine was 7.2 for years  ::).

Tnx for the update.  Will U be tested for low VitD as that can cause intense tiredness.  Long covid is when symptoms continue after 12 weeks.  I'm sure that, with your determination, that you'll be up and running by then ;-). 

Taz2

« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2023, 02:21:33 PM »

Sadly you can't determine your way out of long covid as it is a physical thing. Wouldn't it be great if we could!

Yes cholesterol is a bit complicated but overall it should be under 5. I need to have a chat with the doctor before deciding what to do. It's great reading all the results online now. In 2016 it was 7.2 apparently! Never knew that till today.

Taz x  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6