Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan to mirena  (Read 1216 times)

Pink68

Utrogestan to mirena
« on: July 11, 2023, 08:22:42 AM »

Hi ladies I have been on hrt for 3 years, last 6 months to continuous .
Have been spoofing and bleeding on/off since the change.
Fast forward, went for womb scan thickness5mm, advised coil may be better.
Does this mean the utrogestan wasn’t doing its job?
Since having coil in early days yet I know but my sleep has been rubbish.
Had 2 biopsies done as well.
Did anyone else feel their sleep was affected after coming off utrogestan and changing to mirena.
Advice would be so grateful as Iam very worried I have made the wrong choice.😞

Ermin2trude

Re: Utrogestan to mirena
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 08:41:15 AM »

Hi,

I had Mirena fitted approx 6 weeks ago. I need to take utrogestan as well to get the systemic progesterone my body craves. The Mirena is to control the bleeding and help my fibroids etc, but as it’s so localised, I take utrogestan daily too. I know it’s early days for you, but it is quite common for have both Mirena and utrogestan (or other progesterones) together.

I didn’t sleep as well with just the Mirena, sleep is back to normal with added utrogestan.

Also had biopsies at the same time as Mirena fitting. Results came back 5 weeks later and they were fine. I have my fingers crossed yours will be too.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 08:43:42 AM by Ermin2trude »

Pink68

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 04:06:02 PM »

Thank you so much , I will mention this to my consultant about extra progesterone. It’s a minefield of what to take . X

phebe22

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2023, 05:05:48 PM »

I've just had the mirena fitted again (had it for contraception 5years ago, went on HRT and had utrogeston) Taking utrogeston and mirena at moment and very VERY tired, irritable and low.  I think it's the utrogeston for me....too much progesterone.  There is nothing to stop you having the mirena taken out if it isn't for you?