Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Really sore and swollen boobs  (Read 1286 times)

discogirl

Really sore and swollen boobs
« on: July 10, 2023, 06:47:12 AM »

Hi everyone,

I've been taking cyclogest for a couple of weeks now as utrogestan was giving me feelings of dread.

My boobs however have been really sore and swollen, and also for a couple of nights this week, where my sleep had improved vastly, I've been getting butterflies in tummy and heart pounding.

I was wondering if anyone knows if this is all the cyclogest or if maybe my 3 pumps of gel is too much. I ask about the gel as although I've been settled on the gel, I've put a fair bit of weight back on and I'm wondering if the extra weight I've put on will be giving me a bit of extra estrogen from my fat cells in the form of estrone, so I'm wondering if I should drop half a pump.

I just don't want to change too much as I've only really started the cyclogest. (I take 100mg daily, by cutting a 200mg pessary in half) x

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
Re: Really sore and swollen boobs
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 07:33:50 AM »

Hi discogirl,

I've just finished the utrogestan part, 100mg utrogestan 12 days vaginally, and for the first time I've got mildly sore boobs. I'm on Estradot50, having switched from Evorel50 which did nothing!

I've also put on weight since starting hrt, which I'm glad of and I feel better for it, but like you say the oestrogen is held and produced in fat cells, so we could be experiencing increasing oestrogen.

I've been on hrt 16 weeks this time and the first 13 weeks with Evorel50 I felt zero good effects, just bad progesterone intolerance from provera and then oral utrogestan. I guess I'm just enough of a masochist to keep trying.

Now with Estradot50 I finally seem to be getting symptoms of increasing oestrogen, like sore boobs and reducing sweats.
Isn't that a good sign? Not if they're very sore of course, but it might settle down as a side effect.

Is the cyclogest giving you fewer side effects than utrogestan did?

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 07:37:21 AM »

Hello discogirl.

I have been using 100mg of Cyclogest for about a year now and I haven't experienced any problems with my breasts. They were however swollen and painful when I was using a much higher dose of gel and Utrogestan vaginally every other night. I concluded from this that too much Oestrogen was the cause.
I think tweaking your oestrogen gel is a good idea and a reduction of half a pump may make all the difference.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 07:55:32 AM »

Hi discogirl,

I've just finished the utrogestan part, 100mg utrogestan 12 days vaginally, and for the first time I've got mildly sore boobs. I'm on Estradot50, having switched from Evorel50 which did nothing!

I've also put on weight since starting hrt, which I'm glad of and I feel better for it, but like you say the oestrogen is held and produced in fat cells, so we could be experiencing increasing oestrogen.

I've been on hrt 16 weeks this time and the first 13 weeks with Evorel50 I felt zero good effects, just bad progesterone intolerance from provera and then oral utrogestan. I guess I'm just enough of a masochist to keep trying.

Now with Estradot50 I finally seem to be getting symptoms of increasing oestrogen, like sore boobs and reducing sweats.
Isn't that a good sign? Not if they're very sore of course, but it might settle down as a side effect.

Is the cyclogest giving you fewer side effects than utrogestan did?

Hi meno-mel,

Like you I feel better for the weight gain and I do prefer the gel to the patches however getting the balance right is such a difficult juggling act.

I do prefer the cyclogest, it gives me much less anxiety with the utrogestan even though I used to vaginally the constant feelings of dread were more than I could cope with. I don't know whether its the route I use with cyclogest as they're both micronised progesterone, but I used half a 200mg pessary rectally with cyclogest.

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 07:58:13 AM »

Hello discogirl.

I have been using 100mg of Cyclogest for about a year now and I haven't experienced any problems with my breasts. They were however swollen and painful when I was using a much higher dose of gel and Utrogestan vaginally every other night. I concluded from this that too much Oestrogen was the cause.
I think tweaking your oestrogen gel is a good idea and a reduction of half a pump may make all the difference.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Hi Kathleen,

Yes I was thinking that with the sore boobs. Last time I was on too much gel my boobs were sore but I also got slight spotting, which I haven't this time.

I use the cyclogest every day I use it rectally (sorry if tmi!!) but I cut a 200mg pessary in half so I use approx 100mg a day.

There's no harm in reducing by half a pump to see what happens.

Thanks for replying Kathleen and I hope you're keeping well x

Furyan

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2023, 12:23:49 PM »

I’ve just messaged you Disco, sorry, I forgot about this thread!

As soon as I increased my oestrogen to a patch (first 50, now to 75 with a bit snipped off) I’ve had to increase my utro, which isn’t working so good: constant bleeding and, regardless of taking it orally or vaginally every day, it’s causing headaches and a ‘hung over’ feeling and/or bleeding. I just ordered some cyclogest to try, as I’ve read other ladies saying they got on better with it than utro. If you’re taking 100mg daily, is this ok to control bleeding if you’re on 2.5 or 3 pumps? That’s about equivalent to my patch.

Interested to know how you get on with cyclogest and it would be great if other ladies could share their experiences. People not kidding when they say progesterone os the hardest thing to get right! 🙁x

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2023, 03:40:21 PM »

I’ve just messaged you Disco, sorry, I forgot about this thread!

As soon as I increased my oestrogen to a patch (first 50, now to 75 with a bit snipped off) I’ve had to increase my utro, which isn’t working so good: constant bleeding and, regardless of taking it orally or vaginally every day, it’s causing headaches and a ‘hung over’ feeling and/or bleeding. I just ordered some cyclogest to try, as I’ve read other ladies saying they got on better with it than utro. If you’re taking 100mg daily, is this ok to control bleeding if you’re on 2.5 or 3 pumps? That’s about equivalent to my patch.

Interested to know how you get on with cyclogest and it would be great if other ladies could share their experiences. People not kidding when they say progesterone os the hardest thing to get right! 🙁x

I've just messaged you.

And yes I'm on 3 pumps of gel and I use 100mg of cyclogest xxx

Evie606

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2023, 06:17:49 PM »

Hi everyone,

I've been taking cyclogest for a couple of weeks now as utrogestan was giving me feelings of dread.

My boobs however have been really sore and swollen, and also for a couple of nights this week, where my sleep had improved vastly, I've been getting butterflies in tummy and heart pounding.

I was wondering if anyone knows if this is all the cyclogest or if maybe my 3 pumps of gel is too much. I ask about the gel as although I've been settled on the gel, I've put a fair bit of weight back on and I'm wondering if the extra weight I've put on will be giving me a bit of extra estrogen from my fat cells in the form of estrone, so I'm wondering if I should drop half a pump.

I just don't want to change too much as I've only really started the cyclogest. (I take 100mg daily, by cutting a 200mg pessary in half) x

Hi DC,

We’ve had a chat about this, just to let you know I’m 6 days into reducing to 2 sprays Lenzetto and doing a bit better. Boobs seem to be less sore/swollen and itching/hives is calming down.
Hopefully you’ll get some relief if you reduce by 1/2 pump and I’ll keep you posted from my side.
All the best,

E xx

discogirl

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2023, 05:32:12 AM »

Hi Evie606

I'm so pleased your boobs are less sore and swollen.

I'm very reluctant to reduce my gel as I am quite settled on 3 pumps.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Take care xxx

Katherine

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2023, 12:07:40 PM »

Hi disco,

I haven't taken the type you are taking but I know when I first started HRT my boobs were sore and swollen for 3 months but then I was fine after that. So I might just be a case of giving it time. I'm sorry the utrogestan didn't work for you and I hope you're ok xxx

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2023, 05:43:34 PM »

Hi Katherine,

Thanks so much for that.

The cyclogest (touch wood) seems to suit me better than utrogestan. I dont know why as they're both micronised progesterone x

Katherine

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2023, 06:00:15 PM »

It's good that you've found something better than Utrogestan. It's been suggested to me to have a Mirena but I just don't like the idea of relying on someone else to take it out whereas with a pill you can just stop taking it, I need to feel in control. x

discogirl

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2023, 06:25:30 PM »

I just know i'd never get on with a mirena and like you i prefer a pill or pessary that i can control.

Sorry Katherine but my mind is shocking these days are you on cyclogest ?

Katherine

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2023, 06:43:43 PM »

No, I've always used utrogestan. I have a love hate relationship with it though. I think it's because my own hormones are going up and down so the HRT affects me differently at different times in my cycle. xxx

discogirl

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2023, 08:56:21 AM »

Hi Katherine.

Yes when your own hormones join in it must be very difficult.

At least I don't have that problem anymore x