Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Increased HRT Patch and Bloating  (Read 983 times)

Zoe19741

Increased HRT Patch and Bloating
« on: June 28, 2023, 01:35:27 PM »

I have been on Evorel Sequi for over a year now and just had my HRT patches increased from 75mg to 100mg 9 days ago and the bloating and uncomfortable stomach is hideous  :'(  is this a normal side effect of increasing the patches does anyone know and does it settle down?  i did have a bleed last week and that has finished and my stomach is so swollen and uncomfortable I don't know how to relieve it other than sticking a pin in it lol  ;D  I have been drinking peppermint tea, walking and taking probiotics but it is still the same - feeling really fed up because all my other symptoms have gone which is great but I just feel so uncomfortable all the time

Flossieteacake

Re: Increased HRT Patch and Bloating
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 02:35:46 PM »

Hello Zoe. When you say you have had your patches increased, are you using Evorel Sequi along side? I may be mistaken but I thought Evorel Sequi only came in one dose and it sounds like you are on only oestrogen patches now. Apologies if I have this wrong. :)

Zoe19741

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 04:12:06 PM »

Sorry I wasn’t clear I have increased my oestrogen patches alongside the sequi so I wear two patches all month

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2023, 04:13:40 PM »

Thank you for explaining. Are you taking extra progesterone to compensate for the extra oestrogen?

Nas

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2023, 04:23:21 PM »

Are you wearing two sequi patches ( 100 dose?) Or one 100 oestrogen only patch plus separate progesterone?

Zoe19741

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2023, 04:48:36 PM »

No the doctor said it was fine to have the same level of progesterone and I have had a normal period although it was slightly earlier than usual

Zoe19741

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2023, 04:49:52 PM »

Wearing the Evorel sequi with the 50 mg of oestrogen and an additional50 mg patch

Nas

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2023, 05:07:47 PM »

You probably aren’t getting sufficient progesterone then E.g 100 dose oestrogen with half the progesterone.

If you are on 100 oestrogen, then you need utrogestan, coil or other progesterone to balance it out surely?