Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Told to reduce vagifem cos I'm having symptom flare ups!!  (Read 1740 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Told to reduce vagifem cos I'm having symptom flare ups!!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2023, 05:45:13 PM »

I really hope this GP is understanding and will prescribe localised oestrogen for daily use and also HRT.

SundayGirl

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2023, 05:53:32 PM »

I'm seriously considering complaining about the first GP.

My anxiety has been through the roof this past fortnight..... All for nothing >:(

And now to want to discuss something that has been stable for the last several years. Why????

Flossieteacake

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2023, 06:03:53 PM »

I'm seriously considering complaining about the first GP.

My anxiety has been through the roof this past fortnight..... All for nothing >:(

And now to want to discuss something that has been stable for the last several years. Why????

I think you should make a complaint. The things the GP said about thrush were shocking!

I really am sorry you have had to go through this.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2023, 07:09:39 PM »

Many GPs are happy with numbers even when patients continue to complain of symptoms.  Could you B referred to an endocrinologist ? 

Jules

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2023, 10:01:16 AM »

Regarding the cancer. My gp told me to stop when I had bleeding until I'd been checked. He explained that if there was some cancer, the estrogen wouldn't help which makes sense.

SundayGirl

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2023, 02:23:01 PM »

Jules - obviously the C word rears its ugly head with everyone from time to time but, and it's a big but, the symptoms I was showing were completely wiped out when I increased my usage of local oestrogen, and reappeared when I reduced. There was absolutely nothing to suggest that there was any issue other than VA.

CLKD - I don't need an endocrinology referral. Although I am hypothyroid, this is very well controlled with the amount of thyroxine I take daily. Every other GP that has reviewed my levels has been satisfied and happy to go off symptoms, or lack of, and ignore the numbers.

I just get the feeling that this particular GP is determined to find something, anything, to justify herself.

Jules

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2023, 10:41:31 PM »

Jules - obviously the C word rears its ugly head with everyone from time to time but, and it's a big but, the symptoms I was showing were completely wiped out when I increased my usage of local oestrogen, and reappeared when I reduced. There was absolutely nothing to suggest that there was any issue other than VA.

CLKD - I don't need an endocrinology referral. Although I am hypothyroid, this is very well controlled with the amount of thyroxine I take daily. Every other GP that has reviewed my levels has been satisfied and happy to go off symptoms, or lack of, and ignore the numbers.

I just get the feeling that this particular GP is determined to find something, anything, to justify herself.

I've had an awful time with GPs, recently made a written complaint.  The reply was disgraceful.  A cop out. My window cleaner could have written it because it was so lacking in any relevance.  Make them listen.  Menopause symptoms are a proper nuisance or worse. I've started with a watery discharge.  What is that? Something new every week.

Joaniepat

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2023, 07:22:58 AM »

Watery discharge can be a symptom of VA. What treatment are you using for VA, and at what dose?
JP x

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2023, 08:56:45 AM »

Jules - mayB send an e-mail to Dr Currie ?  Perhaps a copy of the reply from your Surgery, there will be a fee but I believe that Dr Currie and Dr Newson should be aware of the responses that women are receiving.  Also British Menopause Society?  It makes me so mad that these less than able Practicies aren't named and shamed.

Sunday Girl - pleased that you feel supported. 

Jules

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2023, 02:23:47 PM »

Watery discharge can be a symptom of VA. What treatment are you using for VA, and at what dose?
JP x
Vagifem twice a week. Ovestin which I started nightly two weeks ago. I was okay before I started using that. The discharge has stopped. It was a sudden one off but today I have the mild UTI sensation. 

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2023, 02:25:42 PM »

Swallow 2 Nurofen 3 times a day to ease the need2P feelings - I find that when I increase my loading of 'ovestin' I get those symptoms, it is not a UTI!

Jules

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2023, 06:36:18 PM »

Swallow 2 Nurofen 3 times a day to ease the need2P feelings - I find that when I increase my loading of 'ovestin' I get those symptoms, it is not a UTI!
I can't take anything with ibuprofen. It's how I ended up with Barratts Oesophagus.  Taking ibuprofen. It damages the stomach lining. It will have to be paracetamol.  I will see what the doctor says.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2023, 06:54:24 PM »

Let us know what your GP or Pharmacist suggest regarding pain relief?

SundayGirl

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2023, 08:24:28 PM »

JP x
Vagifem twice a week. Ovestin which I started nightly two weeks ago. I was okay before I started using that. The discharge has stopped. It was a sudden one off but today I have the mild UTI sensation.

Have you thought about increasing the vagifem? Twice per week does seems like such a low dose.

For me watery discharge is definitely a sign I need more oestrogen up there.

Sending a virtual hug.
X

Jules

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2023, 09:03:45 PM »

JP x

Have you thought about increasing the vagifem? Twice per week does seems like such a low dose.

For me watery discharge is definitely a sign I need more oestrogen up there.

Sending a virtual hug.
X

I haven't tried. I suppose I followed the instructions,  I was ok with it and I also wanted to make them last as my GP wouldn't keep prescribing. But I will consider it.  Thankyou
Pages: 1 [2]