Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi everyone!! Premature Menopause here :)  (Read 2653 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi everyone!! Premature Menopause here :)
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2023, 02:20:54 PM »

Hi - as Flossieteacake suggests ............ 4 me the loading for 2 weeks followed by every few nights with gaps in between was OK until symptoms niggled.  When that happens I do a 5 night reload - 'ovestin' - and if I have the need2P I swallow Nurofen.  It's a bit Trial and Error, this  ::)

Well done on putting foot down with firm hand - this is a learning curve for your GP too  ;)  ::)

Menopausal Mona

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2023, 02:35:46 PM »

Thanks both.

Yes, appointment was pretty good. He also extended my.sick note after my wobble at the weekend, so I'm relieved about that too. GP said he was impressed with my knowledge I've already picked up, told him where I got it from. He was the one to recommend this site to me and he was spot on. I've already learned so much from everyone here.

Thank you so much for your advice and tips.  It's a learning curve for everyone involved isn't it, us, our GP's and our loved ones. We just have to all take care of each other and share the knowledge  :)

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2023, 02:38:50 PM »

Yep.  Do tell as many girls/women as you can about vaginal atrophy  ;)  Let us know how you get on [off to swipe a annoying stupid fly  >:( ]

sksj1

• First Flush
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2023, 08:14:39 PM »

Hi there, feel for ya so bad, I cried with ya. I'm from 37 now 44 on patches evorel sequi since 2021. My mental head was ape b4 the patches and my mental head is now going so stupid again now . I am all over the place and bloated to hell. Yet not weigh any difference. Tired mentally and physically. But have transverse myelitis as well and arthritis in hip thumb couple knuckle and now left elbow. Joys.

Totally get it. I talk to everyone but they don't understand my menopausal symptoms. Bleeding acting up too. Not tried the gel etc.

How ya getting on recently??

Menopausal Mona

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2023, 09:48:36 AM »

Hi there sksj1

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with it, and also having your additional issues. I had to Google transverse myelitis, but oh my! I do feel for you!

I too have started to suffer the bloating. Feels like every evening now I'm lying there with my lil tum poking out, rubbing it for dear life, convinced its gonna blow up at some point and it'll be messy when it does  ;D

Symptoms are still all over the place but it doesn't help that I have joined the utrogestan shortage queues now.... Can't get 100s anywhere near me and found I can't chop the 200s I had in half as they're liquid inside!  Found some pharmacists can be very rude about this shortage too... What's that about, it's not my fault! ;D

Trying to work out what to do while I wait for utro, if doctor was already freaking out about my prog intake, do I need to stop all the oestrogen while I wait for utro to restock. Feels soft tho stopping and starting hormones, doesn't seem like it'll help them settle! Anyway...... it is what it is isn't it  :)

I'm finding such lovely people on this here forum though, I feel like I've found my people  :D  There is always someone around for a reassuring natter or for a little giggle. It feels like a little piece of sanity in a world that seems to have gone topsy turvy!

Thank you all of you  :-*

sksj1

• First Flush
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2023, 08:06:33 PM »

My word, my patches are so easy, slap on 2x a week off ya go. But sticky as heck.

Thank you I'm literally been doin that all day! Rub tum. Feel pregnant. Maybe even 7mths!

As I type been suffering dull aches so bad almost like period aches. But not.  :-\ don't know what that's all about but now panic incase it's also ovarian C signs. Don't want to be hypochondriac tut.
But bit paranoid after having had CIN3 as well.

It's sure a pain. I'm wondering what happens next. And when blood stops.

Well to be blunt I'm virtually stopping  it's barely even bloody and barely even linger 3days. Been irregular as well. Migraines came back for a bit. Crazy.

Hugs to ya tho. And hugs to all you reading up... Hellish some stories. And it's all just a sh :-Xt storm.  Horrible. Can't wait for it to be over. Xx

Beans

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2023, 07:06:24 AM »

I’m so sorry that you’re going through this so early, on top of the GP dismissing your very obvious symptoms like that :’(. You’ve come to the right place I reckon, I’ve recently joined & everyone here is so so lovely, understanding & helpful.

Per sksj1 - a hellish horrible sh :-Xt storm that I can't wait to be over - that sums it up pretty well for me :)

“I'm apparently not a straightforward case and bloods appear to indicate post meno rather than peri.”

My gynaecologist told me that the hormone blood tests are normally all over the place & she reckons they’re not a very accurate way of telling what stage you’re at. I had a blood test done when I was perimenopause that showed very low estrogen & suggested I was post, and another done when I was post (hopefully - I’m 2.5mths away from confirming that) that suggested I was peri  ???

“Can't get 100s anywhere near me and found I can't chop the 200s I had in half as they're liquid inside!”

When I was first diagnosed with perimenopause, my GP advised me to use the 200mg capsules as a pessary every second day for the relevant 14 days of my cycle (not sure why she didn’t prescribe the 100mg caps). It may be worth asking about/looking into if you can’t get ahold of the 100mg caps. N.b. I initially chickened out of HRT bc of the fear of the effect of progesterone on my existing depression (based on past experience with a very strong contraceptive) & I now can’t take it anyway bc of its affect on my uterine fibroids, so can’t say if that works.

“I wanted to talk to nobody, do nothing and just be left alone to sleep or cry”

This largely describes me (aside from finding the courage to post here, amongst these wonderful people, first time on a forum since peri started in 2015). I have major depression + menopause + inability to take HRT (bc of fibroids). I have just started a new antidepressant tho, that I’m hoping will help.

I don’t really have anyone to talk to about all this offline either, apart from my amazing gyno & even more amazing GP. I also come from an emotionally-stunted family. I can’t cope with talk therapy either bc I don’t know how to discuss my feelings. I also really don’t want to bring people down (sorry sorry if I am :-\)

Like you, I also have the most amazing partner, but I don’t want to burden him any more than I have. He has such a stressful job & he started seeing a psychologist bc of the hell I was going thru with peri (& I’m pretty sure long covid) earlier on. Oh, my bad memory just kicked in - I need to take a look at that page for ‘hints for husbands’ that CLKD mentioned *scuttles off to have a read*.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2023, 07:53:19 AM »

It's Trial and Error plus symptoms that can be over whelming  >:(

Group  :hug:
Pages: 1 [2]