Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Internal vibrating feeling  (Read 4026 times)

Maggiestone5

• First Flush
Re: Internal vibrating feeling
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2024, 02:08:58 AM »

Thanks for the feedback.  So when you say 400-600poml is that your estrogen? 
I no longer have a uterus but I do have horrible endo so I talked my doctor into prescribing me a progesterone anyway.  I’m on a patch and I live in the states so it may be different but I’m on a very low dose .0375.  My doctor wants to raise to .5 but I’m nervous because like you in the beginning of the post I have internal buzzing and realized I only started noticing it  the time I started HRT. so I don’t know if it’s a menopause symptom or an HRT symptom.  I’m so concerned on what to do.  🤦🏻‍♀️

joziel

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2024, 11:11:52 AM »

Yes, this is exactly the same for me Maggie.... I had zero internal vibrating and zero sleep problems (hypnic jerks, heart beating hard and fast etc) until I STARTED HRT. It actually got worse/more intense with each dose increase.

Starting HRT fixed all my 'typical' low estrogen symptoms almost immediately - but 3 weeks after beginning HRT, I got hit with these awful internal vibrations/tremors and all the night time symptoms.

Like you, at first I thought it was the HRT itself. I spent ages slicing up patches to increase incrementally (I was only on a low dose then, 50mcg at the most). When that didn't help, I stopped HRT altogether for 6 months. This didn't fix the night time symptoms/inner tremors and I also got back all the usual low estrogen symptoms.

I introduced progesterone/utrogestan by itself for a few months. No change in these symptoms.

Then I re-started estrogen, and this time things didn't get worse with each increase - in fact there seemed to be no change in how I felt with these inner tremors. (Other than the low estrogen symptoms went again.)

It was then I realised that my estrogen levels in bloods were never very high. They were actually pretty low. On one occasion they were 400pmol-ish but that was because my ovaries produced some then. When I consistently tested during my period to rule out what I was contributing, it was low.

So as I'd tried no HRT and I'd tried the regular doses of HRT and as my levels were never that high, I decided to go in the other direction and get my estrogen to between 400-600pmol as recommended by the Newson Clinic doctors. At this point I discovered that I absorb transdermally very poorly and need a high dose to get enough.

And yes, 400-600pmol is my estrogen level I am aiming for. If you are in the US, that is around 115 in your numbers. There is a great group on Facebook which is US based called 'Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy' if you are on Facebook...

I would add that I don't think this is about 'low' estrogen and certain women doing better on 'higher' estrogen - because I have a history of endo and after my laparoscopy in 2014, I was put on the desogestrel POP to keep my estrogen low. This worked and I had no endo flares for the 10 years I was on it. So - my body is *used* to having relatively low estrogen and certainly not estrogen in the 400-600pmol range for the last 10 years. So these inner tremors etc, in my eyes are not about LOW estrogen - they are potentially about fluctuating estrogen, ovaries spurting out some and then none with no pattern or cycle or regularity to it. Taking a higher dose of estrogen overrides these fluctuations and smooths things out.

Maggiestone5

• First Flush
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2024, 09:23:50 PM »

@joziel thankful for this thoughtful reply.  What are you on now? And can I ask your age?  I am 49 and also have endo.  I use a hysto 6 years ago so I am not exactly sure on where I’m at except FSH showed 21 with 26 be low level of meno.  While wearing a .0375 patch I was a 112 on Esteogen.  p was extremely low but I’m having a hard time tolerating oral P so I haven’t tried it often.  I’m not sure where to go from here as the “vibrations” started the day after I started the patch I have wondered about going off of it and seeing what happens.  Or trying a different E delivery method. 

joziel

« Reply #33 on: Today at 01:27:55 PM »

I am 46yo now. When you say you were 112 on estrogen, is that in pmol or ng? In pmol that would be very low and not therapeutic levels. In ng, it would be pretty decent although could be higher. That will give some indication about what it's best to do.

I started with patches (Estrodot) but wasn't getting very high with a 75 patch (190pmol) so thought I might absorb better if I switched to gel, once I'd decided to try to get my levels up. But it looks like I also don't absorb gel very well because I'm now on 12 pumps of gel a day. TWELVE PUMPS. Which seems ridiculous. I put 6 pumps on my left leg and butt cheek in the AM and 6 pumps on the right leg and butt cheek in the evening. It takes ages to dry and is really impractical.

I haven't tested my levels since 6 pumps, when I was at 350pmol. I have bloods booked for 2 weeks time so I have some kind of reference point if I switch products. But I have no symptoms of high estrogen, my boobs are not sore and I'm not bleeding at all - my periods seem to have been stopped by this higher dose of estrogen.

I've heard that many women get the internal vibrations from low P as well, so you might want to try increasing that - especially if that estrogen result is in ng because that would mean you have a lot of estrogen to low progesterone. If you can't tolerate it orally, you can take it vaginally or even rectally. If you join that FB group I mentioned there are a lot of women using it vaginally or rectally with success. I've been taking 400mg each night to help with sleep although really it's no better than 300mg so I'll decrease again I think...

Pages: 1 2 [3]